Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

I finally noticed people inside of the Couture sales office today (they are actually standing behind the wooden door), it's the first time in weeks I've seen anyone in there. I had a feeling they'd closed down as someone smashed the glass in on one of the doors about a month ago and there's been no attempt to replace it. So, good news - Couture is still selling.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

They told me they are 90% sold but don't quote me on that. I am very annoyed about how they handled the whole thing so far. The attitude is like "Well give us the money but we will tell you what we plan to do whenever we like..." As matter of fact, they haven't provided ANY update so far since they took the deposit almost 2 years ago!
I thought Monarch is one of the better builders out there but I guess I was wrong. :mad:

Shortly after the sales office was opened I inquired about when they expected the building to begin construction and was told they can't begin until the foundation at X is complete. Late last summer I went in and asked again and was told "hopefully by the end of the year" and the woman held up her hands & crossed her fingers. Seeing no activity there (not to say there wasn't any) I began to get the thinking that maybe Couture wasn't going to happen but if it's 90% sold it should go forward soon.

This project was hit harder than many others in the area in terms of sales activity through the last quarter or 2008 and first three quarters of 2009. This obviously impacted the development cycle in terms of the proponents ability to move forward as quickly as initially planned. Sales have been very strong the last few months and construction won't be too far off. The floors that were removed may be re-added at some point, but no decision has been made.

Thanks for the update, Mike in TO.
Well I guess they have to thank X2 since they obvious didn't market the building all that well. Location wise the building is closer to Bloor and you would think it will be easier to sell than X & X2 since the price is about the same if not lower. :rolleyes:

It would be as easy to market if it had X's architectural flare, but it doesn't succeed so well in that regard. Few buildings in the city do.

I know its a sore point , but I do believe the address of this project is officially Ted Rogers Way. It was mentioned in the city report. I think the street signs have also been changed. I would hate to have an address that reinforces what has become a brand name...oh, the dollar value of such enduring publicity...

I know its a sore point , but I do believe the address of this project is officially Ted Rogers Way. It was mentioned in the city report. I think the street signs have also been changed. I would hate to have an address that reinforces what has become a brand name...oh, the dollar value of such enduring publicity...

Ya, thanks for the reminder... :mad: Luckily there are only what, three residential addresses being affected by this change?

Looks like they're bumping up the stories from 39 to 42 (additional 36 units for a total of 476). They'll be 'inserting' the extra three stories above the 34th floor and everything above 35th floor will be bumped up. I'm guessing they did this so people who bought 39th floor will keep their penthouse status and also the floorplans are typical up to 34th floor and changes starting from the 35th.

They say that they' planning on removing the sales office and commencing construction in spring though they haven't given a date or month.

Last edited:
The Couture site from above. Hopefully it won't look like this for too much longer.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Ted Rogers Way

Oh no! Are they renaming Jarvis Street between Charles and Bloor - Ted Rogers Way?? I live in the Residences on Bloor building just north of where Couture will be built. Thank goodness the address was changed 5 years ago from 620 Jarvis to 235 Bloor Street East.

I thought the Ted Rogers Way was to charge Too much for average services. Then increase the rates as often as possible.

Back