News   Apr 25, 2024
 284     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

Toronto Council Races - 2010

I happen to like Howard Moscoe, the person, though I was not a big fan of him as TTC Chair. He's a really decent guy with his heart in the right place, though that in itself doesn't always work for him.

Sandercook is someone else who's a genuinely nice guy, though I don't agree with a lot of his politics. He did not serve those 25 years straight though, he lost and came back between 2000 and 2003.

I'm pretty indifferent to all the deadweights though, like Lindsay Luby, Di Giorgio, Mosher. Nunziata is past per political prime (she was once remarkable, back in the City of York days), and Augimeri, while a nice lady, isn't the most effective pol in the clam. Holyday is a relatively harmless right-winger (though past his prime too), and don't care much for Pantalone.

I'm not one who is much in favour of term limits, even if it was to be rid of deadweights. If a politician is great for the ward, why have to give him or her up after 8 or 12 years? I'm thinking of the Mihevcs out there in particular. With the end of corporate and union financing, I have some hope some of the advantages that the deadweight incumbents have are lost.

I am sure the councillors are all nice people, but again, what have they done since the last election?

Sandercook is someone else who's a genuinely nice guy, though I don't agree with a lot of his politics. He did not serve those 25 years straight though, he lost and came back between 2000 and 2003.

Also discontinuous within the "long serving" list: Di Giorgio and Moeser.

Oh, re Pam McConnell: like so many downtown NDPers, she doesn't need a "ticket" like Miller as an alibi...

I think we need to convince Torontonians to vote. Seriously, those who DO vote always elect the same people. That's why many councillors have been around for more than a decade (and thus, still stuck in the 90s...or even 80s in thinking). We are SO FAR BEHIND many of our surrounding jurisdictions. Our transit system, once great, is now stuck in the 80s. Somehow, I'd love to send politicians to a good finishing program for some polishing up. If we want to be sophisticated, this is what's needed!

I am looking closely to see if Raymond Cho files his nomination papers. I read somewhere that he is in his 70's and might be thinking about retirement

Also discontinuous within the "long serving" list: Di Giorgio and Moeser.

Oh, re Pam McConnell: like so many downtown NDPers, she doesn't need a "ticket" like Miller as an alibi...

According to her wikipedia bio, she was on the out's with the NDP in recent history anyways. She supported Barbara Hall for mayor in 2003.

Pam McConnell is impossible to not like. She's like a sweet innocent kindergarten teacher :D

Larry Perlman is the first candidate to file nomination papers for Mammoliti's Ward #7. I believe this is the same Larry Perlman who frequently posts comments on the Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, and National Post's websites.

Last edited:
Larry Perlman is the first candidate to file nomination papers for Mammoliti's Ward #7. I believe this is the same Larry Perlman who frequently posts comments on the Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, and National Post's websites.

Hello everyone. As Juan_Lennon416 posted, I am that same person. Please note that I ran for Ward 7 Councillor in the 2006 election as well. Although a current current website is not up yet, the old website will give you an idea of my future platform. It can be accessed at http://larry.perlman.googlepages.com. If you google my name you could also read my postings at the Star, Globe, National Post and Sun.

It should be an interesting election this year.

Anyone know if John Filion will be running again or will face any competition? His food cart idea was severely botched at City Hall.

Back