Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Wow, Cresford with YSL is now working on 4 buildings in the core.....not too shabby?

I thought this was going to be a rental building. If so, no one is going to invest a ton of money into quality finishes for a rental building.
You don't think that Livmore has quality finishes? It's easily one of the better looking buildings to go up in town in the last while. The Heathview is another rental built in the last few years—with a more traditional architectural style—that went for high quality finishes. And I think I remember something called The Selby that looks pretty fine…

Time to throw out your prejudices?

I am happy that Toronto is getting another skyscraper but also sad that the vibrancy of Yonge Street will disappear as more and more store fronts become stoic entrances to condos.
100+ years ago when they built the first structure in the area people probably said they miss those threes, looked so green and beautiful and was good spot to lay under the shadow of trees and 100 years from now when YSL will be torn down or built upon, people will say that its our heritage, looks so beautiful in its original form, leave it the way its is. happens all the time.

Yea thats true. But they did create a vibrant street scene on Yonge Street. The hustle and bustle of Yonge could become a thing of the past.
I don't think that stretch of Yonge has been what I'd call 'vibrant' in a long time. Yonge had a good long chance to try and fix itself, and it never quite happened.
I won't miss what it turned into, but I'll miss what it could have become.

Yonge has been a total bore for a very long time already. Developments like this just confirm it.

Back