Toronto Concord Sky | 299m | 85s | Concord Adex | Kohn Pedersen Fox

Half of a second building torn down. A large hill of scrap has developed as there is no where to put it other than ship it out.

You can see the doors to Yonge in both of these photos. I never realized the laneway was higher than Yonge street itself

Behind the boards most of the signage has been taken down.

the worst project KPF has designed in Toronto is the Parade by Concord and it's the best Concord has ever built in cityplace.

Wasn't that like 90% Page + Steele and KPF was kinda just on there to help boost the image/help with the bridge? (The one visually interesting part of that building imo). I think with Cresford on this one we'll get something much much better, and KPF have been on a roll of late (take a look at One Vanderbilt).

Wasn't that like 90% Page + Steele and KPF was kinda just on there to help boost the image/help with the bridge? (The one visually interesting part of that building imo). I think with Cresford on this one we'll get something much much better, and KPF have been on a roll of late (take a look at One Vanderbilt).

Thought KPF refused to have it as one of their works?

AoD

KPF had a high quality exterior specced for Parade, and when that was value-engineered out of the design, they had their name taken off the development. Parade's massing is KPF, but that's it.

the quality wont be similar to Hudson Yards but it will still be very good for Toronto's standards.

I've only heard positive reviews of Hudson Yards from people who haven't actually set foot there, and have mostly been beguiled by glossy renderings and skyline-scaled pictures.

From my own experience -- and that of those who have written much of the recent takes on it -- a lot of it is sloppy, lifeless, and generic.

That's not exactly the standard for which I'd hope the proponents are shooting here.

I've only heard positive reviews of Hudson Yards from people who haven't actually set foot there, and have mostly been beguiled by glossy renderings and skyline-scaled pictures.

From my own experience -- and that of those who have written much of the recent takes on it -- a lot of it is sloppy, lifeless, and generic.

That's not exactly the standard for which I'd hope the proponents are shooting here.

You couldn't even if you wanted to - the site couldn't have been more different.

AoD

You couldn't even if you wanted to - the site couldn't have been more different.

AoD
Yup, I think in the end, people just want something the looks like the KPF towers, the rest of Hudson Yards can go into the bin.

I'd be more concerned about a Hudson Yards-equivalent popping up at Union Park.

Anyone who questions how this project will turn out needs to take a look at Hudson Yards. I have no doubt we’ll receive a project of similar quality.

I thought this was going to be a rental building. If so, no one is going to invest a ton of money into quality finishes for a rental building.

YSL is primarily a condo building along with notable retail, office and space for Ryerson in the bottom levels. There are rental units planned but it's not the main focus of the building.

Back