Toronto Concord Canada House | 231.97m | 74s | Concord Adex | Arcadis

I found this on the City website.

476 BREMNER BLVD
Condominium Approval

Draft plan of condo application for a 33-storey and an 11-storey residential tower with a bridge connection. Both towers are on a 10-storey podium with retail at grade and 3 levels of underground parking. See 08 169718 BLD for building permit and 07 267082 STE 20 SA for Site plan approval.

Is this the Signature site? A quick google search yields the Cityplace sales centre with this address. It sounds like Parade, but the details don't match that development. Maybe this is Infinity?

Last edited:

Is this the Signature site? A quick google search yields the Cityplace sales centre with this address. It sounds like Parade, but the details don't match that development. Maybe this is Infinity?

The building permit details match the Parade details, so its definitely for Parade. What I don't understand is that the permit was issued May 10th 2011.

Application: New Building Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 08 169718 BLD 00 NB Issued Date: May 10, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposed 38 storey residential tower and 18 storey residential tower with bridge connection, with 10 storey podium and 3 levels of underground parking, retail at grade

Hope not. It would be a major letdown. 33-storeys isn't so signature-y. I think it's Parade.

The building permit details match the Parade details, so its definitely for Parade. What I don't understand is that the permit was issued May 10th 2011.

Application: New Building Status: Permit Issued

TORONTO ON

Ward 20: Trinity-Spadina

Application#: 08 169718 BLD 00 NB Issued Date: May 10, 2011

Project: Mixed Use/Res w Non Res New Building

Description: Proposed 38 storey residential tower and 18 storey residential tower with bridge connection, with 10 storey podium and 3 levels of underground parking, retail at grade

It sure is not for the Signature Tower that will be a 65-70 storey building 200+ meters, but it could easily be that Parade-2 now will be 48 floors total 38s/10s podium and the smaller tower 28 floors 18s/10s podium.
The smaller under-contruction tower already looks taller than the projected 22 storeys.:confused:

Last edited:
Should be next, that is unless they buy back Block-31.
Which lot is the signature tower supposed to go on? it seems like it has been kept quiet for a long time. My guess is they are keeping it hush so potential buyers in other cityplace buildings dont wait to buy a condo in the sig tower instead of elsewhere in the development....either that or they simply arent going to build it anymore

Which lot is the signature tower supposed to go on? it seems like it has been kept quiet for a long time. My guess is they are keeping it hush so potential buyers in other cityplace buildings dont wait to buy a condo in the sig tower instead of elsewhere in the development....either that or they simply arent going to build it anymore

Signature is reportedly to be built on the current site of Concord's Sales Centre on the northeast corner of Spadina and Bremner.

Signature is reportedly to be built on the current site of Concord's Sales Centre on the northeast corner of Spadina and Bremner.

That's my understanding too. It makes sense since they will need to dismatle the City Centre sales office once they sold through the last building.
What is going on the block to the west of Quartz/Spectra where Amsterdam Brewery is? Is that Concord Adex lands?

That's my understanding too. It makes sense since they will need to dismatle the City Centre sales office once they sold through the last building.
What is going on the block to the west of Quartz/Spectra where Amsterdam Brewery is? Is that Concord Adex lands?

Yes, unfortunately it is. I say unfortunately because it will be sad to see Amsterdam go. I don't believe any solid plans have been put forward for this lot, but if you look to the above renderings of the railway lands posted by Ramako, you can see what looks to be a 20-30 story building at that location.

Edit: Scratch that, you can see at least two buildings on that parcel of land in that render (for what it is worth)

these lands are about to be filled up, whats next for concord?

They are looking East according to this article;

http://www.yourhome.ca/homes/realestate/siteprofiles/article/1031369--reclaiming-the-east-waterfront

“All of a sudden all the major developers have discovered this neighbourhood,” says Cityzen president Sam Crignano. “And the others are all here scouting. I know the boys from Concord Pacific are looking for sites, so is everyone else. They’ve discovered Toronto East, and it’s on fire.”

Article originally posted by Automation Gallery in the Bayfront thread.

Yes, unfortunately it is. I say unfortunately because it will be sad to see Amsterdam go. I don't believe any solid plans have been put forward for this lot, but if you look to the above renderings of the railway lands posted by Ramako, you can see what looks to be a 20-30 story building at that location.

Edit: Scratch that, you can see at least two buildings on that parcel of land in that render (for what it is worth)

There is a planning meeting tomorrow night at City Hall regarding the Amsterdam property. Starts at 6:30pm

Back