fullsizeoutput_2467.jpeg

DSC04535.JPG

DSC04536.JPG

DSC04537.JPG

fullsizeoutput_2468.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2469.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_246a.jpeg

DSC04549.JPG

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but if Cityplace (known as Sh!ttyplace to many) had mitigated the tower on podium model at street level, then Bremner might be ok for those of us who don't live there. All that parkland, school/community centre, lucky south-facing residents and... mind-numbing podiums.

eg. Parade is a pretty good set of towers (set back well back from the street)... what if the Bremner elevation looked like this (with Parade towers in b/g)? Pretty sure u can still have room for promised resident amenities..

source: Urban Toronto - The Well

Like I said, dead horse. Maybe the street level will change in 50 years when things wear out. ;-)

I know I'm beating a dead horse, but if Cityplace (known as Sh!ttyplace to many) had mitigated the tower on podium model at street level, then Bremner might be ok for those of us who don't live there. All that parkland, school/community centre, lucky south-facing residents and... mind-numbing podiums.

eg. Parade is a pretty good set of towers (set back well back from the street)... what if the Bremner elevation looked like this (with Parade towers in b/g)? Pretty sure u can still have room for promised resident amenities..

source: Urban Toronto - The Well

Like I said, dead horse. Maybe the street level will change in 50 years when things wear out. ;-)

Passed by park place yesterday and it literally looks like Cityplace's twin. Huge missed opportunity.

The access ramp into the Concord Canada House project is now being moved to the north-east corner of the site. As existing excavation material in the site is all landfill, it is not really suited for construction of the new ramp, so more substantial excavation material is being being trucked in from another location. (Composition and focus of the second and third photos could have been better - my apologies. The security guard was not too happy to see me at the top of the old access ramp, so they were a bit rushed....)

Brem a.jpg

Brem b.jpg

Brem c.jpg

The new ramp is now complete and being used, while the original ramp is now being dug out. Trucks were entering and leaving via the new ramp being filled by the excavator working at the base of the pit (not really visible in the photo), while other trucks were being filled by the excavator on the top of the original ramp. The middle excavator appeared to be staging material from lower down in the original ramp for the top excavator to load. All told, activity on the site looked quite brisk today.

IMG_20190813_142548.jpg

Back