Toronto College Park Revitalization with Barbara Ann Scott Skate Trail | ?m | ?s | City of Toronto | RAW Design

Photo captured yesterday from inside of Marshalls. Still no sign of opening anytime soon. This project is really stretching out as long as it can. I suspect it will open when the end of time is near.

At this point, they already missed the skating season,... again! Holding off an opening until at least Canada Day would give the grass more time to establish longer roots so they can better survive the summer dry spells, people walking on grass & dog pee,....

I noticed today that the black coverings have all been removed from the benches and sculptures. Does that mean that ***gasp*** the park will actually be opening soon?!? It was neat to see the "frogs in the pond" this afternoon.

IMG_5751.jpg
IMG_5753 2.jpg

Pigeon feces already starting to get all over it. People continue to feed the birds (literally saw them eating bird feed in one of the gardens by the Sobeys) so this problem is not going to resolve itself. All the park benches will eventually be covered in bird droppings - just like the old 'staircase rink'... with nowhere to sit because it's just a giant pigeon toilet. Such a shame.

There seems to be old windows imprinted on that blank wall,.... my vote is for something like FlatIron Wall Mural but instead of showing regular window - the mural would be showing the former College Park Eaton's store large window displays - showing Torontonian's lifestyle & most sought after home products at different time periods as it progress up the wall.

At a minimum they could have just tinted the concrete so it wouldn't be just another grey space.

Tinted cast concrete is fairly gross - I would avoid them like the plague in a park setting.

For some reason, Toronto still can't figure out how to build a beautiful, urban park or public square. Yet, European cities seem to do it with ease.

We did - it's called Berczy Park. They just didn't put their mind to it in this case and settled for this (though super fitting, given the lackadaisical buildings around it).

AoD

Back