image016.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 2,149
  • image017.jpg
    image017.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 2,087
  • image027.jpg
    image027.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 1,746
What does everyone think of the new lights on top of the observation deck area? I was hoping they were temporary but they've been up a few months and seem to be on almost every night now. They look really out of place compared to the LED lighting, especially when it's really dark out.
Untitled-1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,233
I thought those lights were for Edge Walk, but they've been on much later, recently. I'm not a fan of them. I would like to see the slanted, corrugated metal roof and ring above it, lit, however (they used to be lit, years ago). This would help balance the LED lighting of the tower, as the upper portion of the main observation level is left dark each night, which looks strange.

After the first round of coloured lights, what difference does it make! The CN tower is a piece of glorious 70s concrete brutalism. Putting any kind of flashy light show on that makes as much sense as EIFS on Old City Hall.

They're not done with it yet.

NkLVgqU.jpg

FYI @Edward Skira : The Database links to this thread as 'CN Tower entry pavilion' but it looks like the title has since been changed to Ripley's Aquarium

I wonder why they're adding an extension like that. There'd be plenty of room inside the pavilion they already have if they just finished the walls to better protect it from the elements

Wonder if it is for the security check/scanners. In any case, it's like adding trash to trash. Couldn't they have hired someone decent for the job? Just thinking Patkau might be good.

AoD

Actually, wasn't part of the plan to include retail in the new plaza? Could this be the start of that?

For such a successful tourist attraction, you'd expect better than this. The project already had a very 'unfinished' quality to it (and not in an intentional or architecturally interesting way; see ugly exposed pipes, exposed roof decking, etc.) and now they're just going full Frankenstein here. Count me in with the disappointed crowd.

Back