Toronto Cloverdale Mall Redevelopment | 156.9m | 48s | QuadReal | Giannone Petricone

Here are a few photos from a Jan. 22 visit.

image00002.jpeg

image00011.jpeg

image00025.jpeg

image00050.jpeg

image00007.jpeg

image00004.jpeg

This is such a good location at the nexus of Etobicoke City Centre to the east and all the stuff happening along the West Mall with a motorway interchange to boot.

A huge pickle ball (sigh) facility has opened in the former Target/Covid space. It's free to play apparently. As much as I kind of hate this joke of a sport since it's geared towards those too incompetent for actual tennis and has thus exploded in popularity, I may just take my little boy there in the hope that an introduction to a racquet sport will induce him to take up actual tennis in the future...

Was told today by one of the tenants that the mall will close January 31, 2025.
Wow. Just wow! I've only ever known Cloverdale

I highly doubt this is the case, that wouldnt make sense for a number of reasons. Cloverdale Mall is a revenue generator (not the greatest but they still generate some cash for QuadReal), so why would QuadReal shutdown the whole mall and lose out on all that cash flow until they fully build out this whole project?

They havent even started building the first phase, do you really think they would empty out the whole mall before they even get around to building around the areas of the mall that arent in active use right now?

That particular tenant (whoever they are) will probably close by January 31, 2025 for whatever reason, but the whole mall is not going to close by that date. Unless QuadReal is completely crazy and/or have discovered a piggy bank worth billions that they can use to mobilize very quickly.

Depending on who this tenant is; they may close at that date. Perhaps they're one of the stores in the northern end of the mall. I noticed that all the cellphone stores at that end are gone and all grouped together near the LCBO. I would image there are a handfull of stores that will make the transition into the future development like the Winner, Metro, Pearle Vision and maybe Kitchen Plus or whatever.

Back