Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

It isn't in the slightest bit odd that the West Donlands aren't being developed on the basis of a tall/short, new/old, glass/brick design-opposite contrast, since there are no short, old, brick Victorian industrial buildings there to form the basis for such an approach.

You claim that the towers aren't about spectacle when such a contrast is a spectacle unto itself.

An overall design scheme based on contrast doesn't necessarily require a collection of heritage buildings.

the "contrast" image in question is actually one of the best looking shots of the first Distillery tower I've yet seen. The tower itself is meh, but the composition of those different elements really does work.

Tomms - killer skyline image from the roof!

the "contrast" image in question is actually one of the best looking shots of the first Distillery tower I've yet seen. The tower itself is meh, but the composition of those different elements really does work.

Tomms - killer skyline image from the roof!

Thanks. I took the photo from the railway just behind the DD. The sun was at a bad angle so I couldn't get the colours I wanted on the building. However, standing there looking at the DD, Pure Spirit, and the surrounding neighbourhood, I was impressed by the magnitude of the contrast. I do not believe that this tower kills the district and have come around to really appreciate its prominence because it does not dominate. It does not "fit in" either.

If I could make one adjustment it would have been to increase the height of the pointy podium by 2-stories. That is actually my favourite feature of this building. Not that anyone asked, but my least favourite feature is the name.

My PDI is set for June 11th :p!!!!

Apparently the first possession date will be June 4th! Is the building even considered safe hmmm...

Thanks Tomms!
How are you getting in anyway? Is the elevator functional, or are you taking the stairs?

grappling_hook.jpg

It's the third tower (final phase of the trio). Anyone have more details? I wouldn't mind picking up something in the Distillery.

Back