Toronto Clear Spirit | 131.36m | 40s | Cityscape | a—A

it gives me something to point to when people ask where the distillery is.... "see that big glass thing? its right there"

May 16

Thank you for the pictures Dane. Here are a few photos from street level taken on the same day.
2499924301_4a7c0ed4e2_b.jpg

2499924309_3f0ba0ee5b_b.jpg

2499924313_7748b22beb_b.jpg

2499924317_00b2b8dc66_b.jpg

2499924325_47aa896eb9_b.jpg

2499949623_6a52469ee3_b.jpg

I've gotta say... I love the podium. It does a nice job of blending into the surroundings of the distillery (however nowhere near the level of detail and quality of the old stone buildings), but I think it fits in nicely.

However the tower is just sad. Not only is it right in the most obvious part of town where highrises should not be allowed, it has bland colour, no detail, and is a big see through box that looks like it could fall over in the wind.

However the tower is just sad. Not only is it right in the most obvious part of town where highrises should not be allowed, it has bland colour, no detail, and is a big see through box that looks like it could fall over in the wind.

Which is something to be concerned about when considering the next two towers. As it would appear that they are going to be built, one can only hope that these towers can be the best of the type to fit in, and not a sad compromise that results not only in a diminution of the area, but in two dull-looking towers.

Sure ... I agree - although it the rest of the projects were different maybe this one box wouldn't be too bad.

Anyway I think the more importent part ... the base ... has been well executed taking everything into consideration ... the new retail at the base should add a lot!

Back