Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Does anybody know the status of this bridge? Adam Vaughan had promised to soon reveal the design of the brdige and stated that it would not be a box truss construction.

not sure? The city might still be fighting with GO over the bridge. I heard GO was giving CP a really hard time with very unreasonable excuses. Maybe the city is having the same problem?

GO is only allowing Concord to do any sort of construction between 2-5 am (last I heard about a month ago). First bit of construction is the footings and support columns. No idea when it will begin.

not sure? The city might still be fighting with GO over the bridge. I heard GO was giving CP a really hard time with very unreasonable excuses. Maybe the city is having the same problem?

GO is only allowing Concord to do any sort of construction between 2-5 am

It seems like in this neck of the woods GO has more power than GOD.:confused::eek:

It seems like in this neck of the woods GO has more power than GOD.:confused::eek:

Well, GO owns the rail corridors I think. So if you go over them, you need their permission. It's like if it's your house and they wanna put stuff on your lawn. They need permission.

CityPlace Pedestrian Bridge

I am quite surprised that noone has posted any images and information on the CityPlace Pedestrian Bridge. There was an article and image in the Bulletin that was circulated a few weeks ago.
It quotes:

"Vaughan gave updates on other topics at the meeting, including a pedestrian bridge to cross the railway tracks, parkland, traffic and the G20 summit slated for June 26 and 27 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Front Street West.
The 110-metre bridge will span the tracks north to south with an access at Front St. near Portland St. It will have decorative lighting, video monitors for public safety, and measures to prevent suicides and “projectiles.” It will serve cyclists as well as pedestrians.
Construction is to start in June, and Vaughan pointed out one of its features is an abstract design of a horse’s head to represent the Iron Horse or, in other words, the railway.
“This ties in with the history of the area,” said Vaughan.
Vaughan also discussed parkland that remains fenced off at the CityPlace neighbourhood. Residents are eager to make use of it, and Vaughan expressed hope that it will open soon.
“We should have it open in time for spring. That park is coming, I promise you.”

An image, which is not on the Bulletin's website, was included in the article.

As I posted in the charette thread, the unveiling will be at a community meeting on Monday, May 17th. Can't wait to be disappointed and attempt to jump off the Spadina and Bathurst bridges.
S'Bus

The Fort York Bridge with its DNA helix design is absolutely gorgeous and should be carried on to this bridge as well.

Why is it that Joey Pants managed to get such a beautiful yet practical bridge put together while working with the same rail owners that Adam Vaughan says limits the possibilities of a bridge in his ward?

I saw a rendering in a recent flyer Go had distributed to residents along the corridor. It looked like a simple white rounded truss bridge with a horse head appendage at one end to represent the iron horse - the railroad. Not sure I love it; could have been so much better.

I saw a rendering in a recent flyer Go had distributed to residents along the corridor. It looked like a simple white rounded truss bridge with a horse head appendage at one end to represent the iron horse - the railroad. Not sure I love it; could have been so much better.

Who can find this GO flyer??? Bonus Points!!

Back