Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

UT Guerilla mesh removal team? Slip in some evening and take it down? I am sure CN/GO will never notice it missing!

IMG-20121026-01334.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-20121026-01334.jpg
    IMG-20121026-01334.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:
Here you go! Pictures on the bridge.

photo%25204.JPG

Like a rat in a cage. :(

photo%25201.JPG

The beautiful view through the mesh. What is this an American freeway overpass?

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

The deck is rubberized or something, it was tacky when wet not slippery, the expansion joints on either end though are slippery.

The long ramps and gentle slope make it very easy to walk up and down.

The bridge has you higher over the tracks then Bathurst or Spadina which is kinda cool.

The fact you've got to walk way out of your way and back again because of the ramps is annoying.

The deck is wide. You could easily drive a car over it.

Last edited:
It looks like the celebration today was more of a tease than anything else. The bridge is closed again tonight with fences up at each end.

Perhaps they think someone is going to walk away with their $8 million bridge. I noticed that there were security guards posted at each end when it was open today as well.

The bridge is close until 2013 or until agreement is in place to keep part of the bridge open while about 6,000 clamps holding that garbage mesh are replace. The clamps have very rough edges and can be move around.

I was one of the few first visitors to shot the bridge before the ribbon cutting. Should had shot a video.

The mesh is not great for getting any rail fan shots from the bridge.

Crazy. So I got to walk through something that will now be closed down for another 2 months at least. This bridge sucks.

One more photo, taken by a friend of mine.

IMG_6859.jpg

Photo: Brendan Sack

Stare at this fondly and imagine yourself there as you wait months for it to re-open.

Seriously, what the f*ck. Unless the structure is crumbling there is no reason whatsoever not to keep the bridge open while they do whatever needed repairs. I understand the change is not structural and it's mostly to do with the mesh... That's an excuse to keep it closed for one more week at most.

The bridge itself is a delight. Used it several times today and would have made my commute much more convenient. The ineptitude of those responsible for the latest drawback disturbs me. The structure has been there for ages... they've had more than enough time to make everything perfect.

They'll probably just cover the bridge in black mesh like what's on the balconies of 15 Iceboat Terrace and 10 Capreol Crt and leave it there until it starts falling off...

Just looking at the photos, I don't like that mesh covering at all.

Back