Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

bridgej.jpg

It'll probably look better when the other half (the head of the horse) is added (although heavier gauge wires would look better).

I like it! Thanks for the great coverage folks, I'm looking forward to completion here and using this much needed connection.

Aug 06
There were a lot of comments about the banner before the erection started to the point it was stated "if something goes wrong, better cut that banner down fast". Its only a PR thing.

6016801822_8347c58909_b.jpg

6016249941_30c793fba7_b.jpg

6016797792_87a74d5f05_b.jpg

6016244451_2949fccfdd_b.jpg

6016804506_4e9f5cd6eb_b.jpg

6016251013_e028b87aa7_b.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I wasn't too sure about the bridge at first, but it's looking great now that it's in place. It looks especially good at night.

Not trying to be facetious here, but why is this considered a 'big accomplishment'?

Well, building anything over the rail corridor is a big deal, now lets see if this breaks the ice for others...like the King-West bridge at Shaw, the Queen-West bridge at Lisgar, and the the much anticipated Fort York Pedestrian bridge that might still have a ray of hope.:)

Not trying to be facetious here, but why is this considered a 'big accomplishment'?

By my count, there are 14 ways to get across the tracks in downtown Toronto (depending on one's definition of "downtown"):

1. Strachan (Bridge)
2. Bathurst (Bridge)
3. Spadina (Bridge)
4. Blue Jays Way (Bridge)
5. John St. (Pedestrian Bridge)
6. PATH Skywalk (Bridge)
7. Simcoe (Underpass)
8. York (Underpass)
9. Bay (Underpass)
10. Yonge (Underpass)
11. Jarvis (Underpass)
12. Sherbourne (Underpass)
13. Parliament (Underpass)
14. Cherry (Underpass)

With this new pedestrian bridge, we have our first new route across the tracks downtown since (and I'm guessing here) they opened the John St. pedestrian bridge to the Skydome, the Sywalk, and Blue Jays Way in the late eighties/early nineties(?). To me that seems like a pretty big deal.

Last edited:
On that list dont forget the newly opened Dufferin jog underpass, and also is there not already some pedestrian tunnel built a couple years ago that connects Liberty Village to the Exhibition grounds.

Back