Toronto CityPlace: Canoe Landing Community Centre & Schools | 15.85m | 3s | City of Toronto | ZAS Architects

Work wrapping on the entrances.
DD32575C-4A97-41F5-92DF-EBAA37448FD6.jpeg
77BEB9C0-3134-4B75-B9EC-2E719EF48205.jpeg

The neighbourhood was totally alive tonight (yet appropriately socially distanced for the most part); it has actually turned into a pretty nice community (shame about all the cars, though).
0B886AF5-7F75-490B-8597-14A79D4A3F2F.jpeg
453942DF-8426-49AD-9E80-CDBBFF3F85F0.jpeg
51FA1957-AE57-4254-BC01-318C8BB3F2BB.jpeg
A2EE482C-C13A-4C9F-AA88-3185CD86E54F.jpeg
45D36263-78D0-474B-9907-3F9E68B2F8E1.jpeg
EE3994E1-8B63-497E-A437-F6284D57504C.jpeg

I walked through the park on the weekend and it was so busy! Kids playing at the splash pad, people hanging out on the grass, people playing sports on the turf, and many more just walking around. Between this community centre and the addition of a playground by the splash pad, the park has certainly been improved. Just needs a re-sodding where the grass is since dogs have pretty much destroyed it. Would be nice if the beaver dam water feature worked again too.

Everything looks good except for the dead grass, they need to put in dog park so that the dogs don't destroy the grass.

It will help but a good proportion of dog owners don't think the rules apply to them. They let their dogs off leash outside of dog parks and let them poop and pee where ever they please. As long as selfish inconsiderate people like that exist we'll have 'green' areas that look like that. Bylaws exist but they're useless as they go unenforced.

Love love love the north frontage of the complex.
I peeked inside the still unfinished community centre, and it looks nice too, with a soaring atrium. Unfortunately, it was impossible to take a decent picture of the interior through the glass wall.

Anyone know the breakdown of the schools? More space given at the TDSB part? I really think fewer young families (the demos here) chose Catholic schools.

Years ago there was a vague notion that the centre median would be used for streetcars. Not sure where that idea ever went but it hasn't been in any TTC plan for almost two decades.

Years ago there was a vague notion that the centre median would be used for streetcars. Not sure where that idea ever went but it hasn't been in any TTC plan for almost two decades.

Given that that now seems dead and gone, I'd love to see them replace the median with a centre-lane, bi-directional cycle track; the unprotected, paint-only bike lanes through the neighbourhood are near-constantly parked-in to the point that they're nearly useless, and the median isn't really adding anything to the streetscape.

Also every through-street in this neighbourhood should have speed humps at the least.

I've gotten in more altercations with more roided up, G-Wagon-piloting, dipshits in Cityplace than anywhere else in Toronto. Not only do they park in the lanes, they get incredibly aggressive if you question why or ask them to move. It's certainly a weird enclave in the city.

Back