Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

Is it possible this building will NOT go through the design review board? Can anyone tell me what the criteria are for being put through the design review process?

Last edited:
Good riddance. The only good thing at CBH was the hot English waitress.

Now, to avoid this section of Toronto looking like a prairie town, they need to knock down those Victorians across the street and build a proper aA-street wall.:)

Always thought the blonde (or was it light brunette) was super hot. To each his own...

...Be a bit more generous to developers: they are spending the money to build the things you are so harshly criticizing.

Huh?

They aren't philanthropists donating a library to a university. They are a business making money. They are only spending money they will get back ten times over in profits. Let's not canonize them as benevolent Saints, designing a better community for our benefit, out of the goodness of their hearts.

Proposing knocking down structures like victorian buildings or homes in the rush to modernize piss me off. This is why Toronto has lost so much of its history and gems over the decades. We have zero respect for history.

Last edited:
Huh?

They aren't philanthropists donating a library to a university. They are a business making money. They are only spending money they will get back ten times over in profits. Let's not canonize them as benevolent Saints, designing a better community for our benefit, out of the goodness of their hearts.

I'm not saying they are saints. But they are gambling their money, and they have to build things that will sell. They can, and do fail. And they don't make "ten times" the money they spent in profit. That's just hyperbole.

All I'm saying is: it's pretty easy to criticize a building's design when you don't have to worry about all the decisions that went into producing that design. Developers aren't immune to criticism, but they aren't all the awful people everyone thinks they are.

Proposing knocking down structures like victorian buildings or homes in the rush to modernize piss me off. This is why Toronto has lost so much of its history and gems over the decades. We have zero respect for history.

NYC's Landmarks Preservation Commission approved the demolition of an 1850s cast iron facade on behalf of the *ahem* Ground Zero Mosque. It happens elsewhere, too.

from today...
142.jpg

141.jpg

144.jpg

Back