Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

15 March 2014: Ugh what a grotesque location for this restaurant--really there should be a Harvey's here. :p
V5XpF4k.jpg

Harvey's is too good for that location! I was thinking more a nail salon and dry cleaners would fit in nicely.
Sadly, it doesn't appear that there will be trees out front which could have softened it up a bit.

Why not 1 tree, that's what makes it terrible, I'm sure there was a reason they couldn't ?

The ground floor restaurant is setting up a patio. Looks pretty good. I wonder if it will get any traffic. Was pretty empty as I walked by. Looks quite "posh" so that may keep a lot of people out. Canteen on the other hand was bustling. Different demographics and diff location so, probably not surprising.

Anyone know what other retail is going up in Cinema Tower? Depending on what goes in there along with Pinnacle and Bond...could be pretty nice.

The ground floor restaurant is setting up a patio. Looks pretty good. I wonder if it will get any traffic. Was pretty empty as I walked by. Looks quite "posh" so that may keep a lot of people out. Canteen on the other hand was bustling. Different demographics and diff location so, probably not surprising.

Anyone know what other retail is going up in Cinema Tower? Depending on what goes in there along with Pinnacle and Bond...could be pretty nice.
I ate there a couple of weeks ago, the food was decent but expensive for what you got. It's more along the lines of the Financial District higher end restaurants, like a Jump, Reds or Vertical, not at the level of Canoe or Bymark. The night I was there it was busy.

I may take clients there for lunches as it's a nice change from the normal choices in the Financial District, but I won't be going back to spend my own money anytime soon. They also seem to be building a large second floor enclosed room that might be good for closing dinners.

Back