Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Was thinking the same; they spent some bucks on that marketing vid. It also shows off some (potential?) lighting details in the evening shots that I'm not sure I'd seen in that detail before:

View attachment 162284

View attachment 162287 View attachment 162286 View attachment 162285

And also just some super drool-worthy hi-res renders, because why not on a rainy hump day:

View attachment 162277 View attachment 162278

View attachment 162279

View attachment 162280

View attachment 162281

View attachment 162282
View attachment 162283
I seriously hope that CIBC doesnt plaster their logo all over these buildings as many times as they have in those renderings.

What's there to be done? The Bay St East teamway is in a good shape. Its southern half is currently used by EllisDon.

Since when? It looks like a WWII bunker.

From the CIBC Square website:
teamway.jpg

Something about the choice of stock people in this picture rubs me the wrong way.....

You're right. Who wears suits these days? ;)

Where are the panhandlers? And the elderly, diversity of people, handicapped, security, and the kids who are skipping school?

Must be no sport games being played that day.

Gotta make it a suitable environment for bankers to loiter in eh?

Wow, this is almost misleading. A) It makes it look like the green roof on the Union trainshed is part of the park, B) wasn't the green roof abandoned?

I am unsure as to why - considering other lengthy underpasses along the railway corridor doesn't require them (e.g. Simcoe).
AoD

My understanding of the fire code requirements is that, in general, any enclosed space, requires fire safety rated separation, including fire rated doors, to its adjoining areas if the adjoining areas are of a different nature or purpose. As the teamways being enclosed structures, as opposed to the Simcoe underpass sidewalks, which are open, I would think that fire code isolation requirement would including the entrance / exit points. Also, if the ends of the teamways were open, in the case of fire situation, it could result in a wind tunnel effect, which could (and in other situations already has) prove hazardous.

I could be wrong on this - but from my recollection, the doors on the York Street west side teamway would be definitely fire rated doors.

896D8E14-626E-4360-BBB8-34FE3D990635.jpeg
FC23BC09-8226-4B0A-9140-DE7D172EDE93.jpeg
Is the yellow base on the “park to be” for a crane? They mention a fixed crane over a mobile crane on the CIBCsquare website.

I think this schedule was posted here before.
AUGUST, 15 2018 Schedule from

http://www.cibcsquare.com/community/#updates
Their website states they are climbing 1.5 floors every 6 work days. Not 2 at a time.

Attachments

• FC23BC09-8226-4B0A-9140-DE7D172EDE93.jpeg
    FC23BC09-8226-4B0A-9140-DE7D172EDE93.jpeg
    181.4 KB · Views: 1,518
  • 896D8E14-626E-4360-BBB8-34FE3D990635.jpeg
    896D8E14-626E-4360-BBB8-34FE3D990635.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 3,318
Doesn't mean it'll happen that way, but still - I agree it's nice to have even a very broad-brush idea of where the project will be when.
As noted a few pages back, commercial developments tend to be far more often "on time" - residential developers are far more optimistic about completion dates as evidenced by the high % of owners who have occupancy moved forward. The experience with commercial developments shows that it CAN be done!

As noted a few pages back, commercial developments tend to be far more often "on time" - residential developers are far more optimistic about completion dates as evidenced by the high % of owners who have occupancy moved forward. The experience with commercial developments shows that it CAN be done!

Residential tends to have a far higher number of interrelated trades at the end too. So the time from when a residential building appears complete up to when it's actually ready to move into is longer than for a core and shell office building. There won't be 600 kitchens and bathrooms to fit on this one at the end.

Residential tends to have a far higher number of interrelated trades at the end too. So the time from when a residential building appears complete up to when it's actually ready to move into is longer than for a core and shell office building. There won't be 600 kitchens and bathrooms to fit on this one at the end.

And not with 600 different choices of kitchen and bath finishings, but likely all one selection.

Back