Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Taken 8 July. For those wondering why I always post a pic of the opening in the side of the east building it’s because that will be the location of a loopy staircase in a bold colour giving access to the rooftop park.

IMG_4896.jpeg

IMG_4897.jpeg
IMG_4898.jpeg

...loopy like Gehry's one at the AGO? Although that's more loop-de-loop than just loopy. 🙀

Progress on the second floor podium cladding.
The opening on the left is for the bridge that will connect Backstage with CIBC Square, the PATH.

1 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.JPG

2 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.JPG

3 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.JPG

Under the eagle sculpture at Backstage, next to the Condo residents entrance, is another entrance. Retail spaces are available for lease. When I looked inside, I saw some stairs that lead up. Those stairs will probably lead to the bridge. This is the entrance for the Backstage PATH connection.

4 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.JPG

This entrance. For lease!

5 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.jpg

Stairs on the left side.

6 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.jpg

7 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.JPG

8 BIBI L - ALL RIGHTS RESERVED - DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION OR CREDIT - CIBC.jpg

From the current database photos it looks more like a simple staircase, though perhaps these are outdated.

View attachment 578969
There is a second flight of a staircase above that first that appears to zigzag up a terraced garden of sorts. I guess it’s a little hard to see from that render, but it’s there.

Edit: It’s behind that sculpture on top of the first flight.

Back