Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Tried to capture the best two bank buildings in one picture (Scotia plaza is not shabby either).

IMG_4394.jpeg

A new Second Cup? Did I wake up in 2005?
To be fair, it certainly makes it lot more convenient than that other coffee outfit from 2005 (ie. Starbucks) that's located all the way over in Cleveland...er, I mean the west side of Union Station, when waiting for a GO bus to catch to my friends'. >.<

Apologies for taking up unnecessary space... and I know the horse has left the barn long ago (glazing manufacture well underway :), but was pondering in a dream last night what some colour differentiation between the twins might look like.

Probably shouldn't have eaten double cheese pizza late last night but Phase 2 was copper-ery in dreamland. Seemed to compliment RBC Plaza so just had to scribble it. Realize it may not be right cup of tea.

zzz-CIBC2-COPPER.jpg

Just for fun, eh.

Apologies for taking up unnecessary space... and I know the horse has left the barn long ago (glazing manufacture well underway :), but was pondering in a dream last night what some colour differentiation between the twins might look like.

Probably shouldn't have eaten double cheese pizza late last night but Phase 2 was copper-ery in dreamland. Seemed to compliment RBC Plaza so just had to scribble it. Realize it may not be right cup of tea.

View attachment 474504

Just for fun, eh.
Mmmm, copper.

Looks amazing. Not sure having two buildings of the exact same design being blue and copper as not very complimentary but both in copper would have a lot of potential.

I am a bit surprised that they are working on the southern 'jutting out section' but not yet the one on the north side towards to Dominion Public Building. I assumed they would be built together to avoid stress but ....

I am a bit surprised that they are working on the southern 'jutting out section' but not yet the one on the north side towards to Dominion Public Building. I assumed they would be built together to avoid stress but ....
Wasn't able to snap a pic but they've installed the corner two beams in the North-West position this morning.

Back