Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
The “canopy” over the tracks? I thought that was part of the plan — hopefully it wasn’t just added in the renderings for the aesthetic
I really hope they do it since it feels like a not-too-expensive way to make the whole area look much nicer and friendlier (Especially since they're already building the bridge/park between the two buildings)

308466C1-E3A4-4309-99D3-27DC006BB012.jpeg

Would’ve been great if they relocated the heritage train shed and replaced it with a modern one.

They will have to eventually because that heritage shed is terrible. I understand wanting to preserve history but one also has to accept when something is functionally obsolete. That old train shed would make a great addition to a suburban/rural train station somewhere but as part of Union Station it doesn't work at all.

This spring, megabus will be moving its operations to the new Union Station Bus Terminal in downtown Toronto. Read on to get all the details and a preview of the first megabuses rolling into their new home.

This spring marks a milestone for transit riders in the GTA, as GO Transit and megabus move in together at the Union Station Bus Terminal (USBT).

Megabus will start doing test runs this month before officially making the big move to the new USBT on June 8. Megabus is the first major third-party carrier to move into the new downtown bus terminal.

With megabus trips operating out of the new bus terminal located on the northeast corner of Bay Street and Lake Shore Boulevard, travellers can look forward to more seamless connections within and beyond the GTHA right from Union Station.

Back