Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Sorry to Bump with older photos:
IMG_4308.JPG
IMG_4380.JPG

Anyone know when the building will be open?

I just got a job at CIBC based out of their Atrium on Bay offices. But I hope (post-COVID) my team will be getting transferred to this new building, looks like a much nicer place to be.

I just got a job at CIBC based out of their Atrium on Bay offices. But I hope (post-COVID) my team will be getting transferred to this new building, looks like a much nicer place to be.
At that point at the end of the pandemic where we can all toss our masks over our shoulders with one big "Hooray!?" I think it will be sooner than that though...

I don't know about CIBC but I believe that a tenant has already moved in, according to a previous post in this thread?

Will the closing down of Greyhound Bus services in Canada affect the usage of the bus terminal in this complex? I presume it is used primarily by GO Buses and that will doubtless continue. Is the terminal also used by Ontario Northland services?
Thanks.

PS. I am saddened by the closing of Greyhound which, as I understand it, was already suffering a decline in ridership, even before the pandemic. The pandemic did them in for good however. I imagine I am not the only poster with memories of Greyhound trips. In my case they were in my now distant youth.

Will the closing down of Greyhound Bus services in Canada affect the usage of the bus terminal in this complex? I presume it is used primarily by GO Buses and that will doubtless continue. Is the terminal also used by Ontario Northland services?
Thanks.

PS. I am saddened by the closing of Greyhound which, as I understand it, was already suffering a decline in ridership, even before the pandemic. The pandemic did them in for good however. I imagine I am not the only poster with memories of Greyhound trips. In my case they were in my now distant youth.
Coach Canada just announced that Megabus would move operations from the Toronto Coach Terminal to Union Station. If anything, that probably means more buses using the terminal than there would've been if Greyhound hadn't shut down.

Last edited:

CIBC are taking space in both towers, so ask the section head you'll be working under which tower you'll be in and when your office is scheduled to move.

Thanks.

Other coach companies are already using Union, like little TOK Coachlines which has two routes, one heading northeast from Toronto into Haliburton, and one heading through Southwestern Ontario eventually terminating in Port Elgin. Companies like that, and Saskatchewan's Rider Express who are going national, should be gradually able to fill Greyhound's void (all hopefully from Union).

Last edited:
Greyhound Canada may be discontinuing but there will still be cross-border routes to Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver from Greyhound in the US. So, we should still see the Greyhound buses.

True, but they will likely be forced, quite shortly, to move to the new terminal as well. The City owns the bus terminal, Greyhound's lease is about up, and the City is planning on re-developing the site (whether privately or not, I forget).

Back