Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
skyline night.jpg

Boy, those concrete barriers are ugly. You would think that a company spending tens of millions fixing up the roof level of a building, would care about the ground level a little....you know, where people actually interact with and see your building.

Boy, those concrete barriers are ugly. You would think that a company spending tens of millions fixing up the roof level of a building, would care about the ground level a little....you know, where people actually interact with and see your building.

I see these all over downtown from Skydome area, union station, to Air Canada Centre. They are an eyesore and are not inviting. Why do we always go for the cheapest solution for everything in this city?

I see these all over downtown from Skydome area, union station, to Air Canada Centre. They are an eyesore and are not inviting. Why do we always go for the cheapest solution for everything in this city?

I believe they were supposed to be a temporary solution for public safety after the van attacks two years ago.

I believe they were supposed to be a temporary solution for public safety after the van attacks two years ago.
Yes and the City are supposedly working on a more aesthetic solution. Of course absolutely NO other cities anywhere in the whole world have done this before so it is taking years to investigate. Sigh!

Yes and the City are supposedly working on a more aesthetic solution. Of course absolutely NO other cities anywhere in the whole world have done this before so it is taking years to investigate. Sigh!

At least they painted the ones around Leicester Square in London

the-public-pass-through-solid-decorated-concrete-blocks-by-charlotte-posner-and-created-as-an-anti-terrorism-deterrent-at-swiss-court-wc2-leicester-square-westminster-london-england-on-17th-october-2019-in-london-england-2A51YP5.jpg

They're not, unfortunately. Brad Ross has confirmed that the city will not be investing any resources into the concrete barricades until all interior construction work at Union is complete.

(Not to derail this thread. This has been discussed extensively in the Union Station thread).

Anyone else noticing the zig-zag pattern developing up the side of the building?

Not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm leaning more towards "quirk I like"
1580161888756.png

Back