Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
OMG! It Takes 3 Shots to Cover the Core, Friday

Westside Story: There was a jump on Thursday, possibly causing our Stitching Friend some difficulties in the future

View attachment 184151

View attachment 184152

A piece of the colonnade roof projection can be seen opposite and at the same level as the roof of the Scotiabank Arena

View attachment 184153

A closer look at the progress on the southwest retail shop being formed out of steel. A lot of the work was completed overnight because they already had a noise permit for the colonnade, they might as well squeeze in the retail shop while they were at it. I was not noisy. Fortunately, no-one dropped their lunch pail or a steel beam during the night.

View attachment 184154

Eastside Story; more wall forming and some steel assembly for the next level of the podium on the central eastern side.

View attachment 184155

A closer look at the eastern wall and the continued formation of level#3's rebar assembly. My guess is that this will be completely filled in by this time next week.

View attachment 184158
The weekly @Michael62 stitch. Quick autofill makes for some weird background artifacts
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

I remember a conversation a while back about the idea of constructing an on-ramp straight from the Gardiner into the GO station. Don't entirely remember why is was explained as an impossible task or a poor planning decision, but seeing the station start to meet the Gardiner is really making me think that not making the dedicated on ramp is a decision the city will regret long term.

Was there any commentary on why a dedicated GO bus ramp was impossible?

I remember a conversation a while back about the idea of constructing an on-ramp straight from the Gardiner into the GO station. Don't entirely remember why is was explained as an impossible task or a poor planning decision, but seeing the station start to meet the Gardiner is really making me think that not making the dedicated on ramp is a decision the city will regret long term.

Just not cost practical most likely. It's possible - look at what San Fransisco just completed.. Just very, very expensive.

The real anachronism is the Gardiner itself. Why would you want to expend massive capital connecting to something that will hopefully be demo'd within our lifetimes (good old Toronto time frame there)?

The real anachronism is the Gardiner itself. Why would you want to expend massive capital connecting to something that will hopefully be demo'd within our lifetimes (good old Toronto time frame there)?
You are clearly quite young :-> Many years of 'life' left in the old girl yet!! (Unfortunately)

Back