Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Working on a rainy Saturday. The big news this week is the extended work on the platform running at ground level along Bay St. The formers created a flat platform from one end to the other and now they've added rectangular platforms on top. It divides the spaces making lower and deeper spaces between the added rectangular platforms The lower deeper channels between the rectangles match up with the soldier beams that were installed into the ground several weeks ago.

Looking towards the north wall, the smallest digger has just removed another section of the drain that ran east to west through the site. Along with the drain removal they have been removing a lot of timbers. Yesterday was the first clear indication that the timbers formed a supporting wall on the south side of the drain. If you look closely you can also see a small creek has formed, it runs from Bay St and turns towards the south. It runs through a plastic drain pipe under the ramp that accesses the lower level and then is pumped out into the blue and orange holding tanks. This creek may explain why there was originally a concrete drain running through the site.

IMG_0535.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0535.jpg
    IMG_0535.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 541
Hi everyone !
I don't have any update at all ,but i want to
show you how i edited the google street view photos.
With Gimp and Photoshop,i inserted some 81 Bay renders into these photos.
I hope you will love my creations everyone .
81 BAY will be epic, once completed.

Sans titre554j.jpg

Sans titre55.jpg

Attachments

• Sans titre554j.jpg
    Sans titre554j.jpg
    735.1 KB · Views: 596
  • Sans titre55.jpg
    Sans titre55.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 533
West Side Story - lots of progress this week on the scaffold platform, the rebar guys/gals are adding a lot of rectangular ovals in a long tube like configuration running north/south next to the Bay Street wall and a second parallel and matching tube about 3m to the east of Bay St. They are also building a forming wall next to this rebar tube. The amount of rebar is very impressive as the parts nearest to the Gardiner are very dark and dense looking.
Looking towards the north west corner nearest Bay St, a series of steel gussets have been added to the corners and utilize the last of the soldier beams that were inserted into the ground several weeks ago. A lot of digging has been going on near the north wall, if you look toward the digger and the dozer, they have been slowly attacking the very dense ground. The dozer has a pneumatic set of teeth that it drags along the surface of the ground cracking up what looks like extremely dense shale/slate. The digger scrapes up what the dozer manages to extricate from the surface. They are now digging deeper than they have previously dug.

East Side Story - the second photo shows that part of the site nearest 18 Yonge St. Today the berm between 18 Yonge and the railway tracks has been lowered by about 3m, and finally for today, the blue water storage container has been removed from the site. The orange one was moved nearest the main constructing area last week but it is still acting as a dirty water storage container, with a tanker truck removing the waste water in the morning.

Westside Story.jpg
Eastside.jpg

Attachments

• Westside Story.jpg
    Westside Story.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 501
  • Eastside.jpg
    Eastside.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 512
Moving at a good click here.
Very, considering the size of the space and limited space around it. Wondering if they're going full-tilt right now as to avoid the frozen ground in the coming months.

West View: The rebar guys were busy all week knitting together a rather impressive platform of intertwined steel, but this morning cement trucks and a concrete pumper began filling up the platform with concrete. They started at the northern section at 8am. Yesterday, late afternoon, a truck delivered two large propane burners and a considerable number of large propane tanks, they disappeared by morning so I assume they are underneath the platform, behind the opaque plastic walls that cover the scaffolding and will assist with the concrete cure. Looking toward the north along Bay St the scaffolders are extending the platform further towards the East Bay St teamway entrance. I received a notice from Pinnacle stating that the narrow hoarding along Bay Street was going to be widened to 1.6m to correct and comply with accessibility issues along that stretch of sidewalk. The excavation continues to expand in size but not in depth.

East View: The tieback machines have returned all shiny and clean and have been working along the north wall once again. Most of the work is out of my view behind 18 Yonge St. The berm level has been lowered to about 1 meter above the original grade level and should probably be renamed the hillock.

ON THE TRACKS: In the second photo - Looking towards the north across the tracks about half way from north to south, a RED boring machine has appeared, along with a LIME GREEN crane and front end loader. I have never seen this type of equipment in anywhere near the tracks. In the past there has been a lot of smaller machines, some with rail capabilities, that were used during ongoing roof construction of the train shed. I'll let you all speculate about the nature of this new heavy duty machinery while reminding you there will be a park of sorts constructed over the tracks towards the present Go Bus Terminal.

West Side.jpg
East Side.jpg

Attachments

• West Side.jpg
    West Side.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 538
  • East Side.jpg
    East Side.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 537
I made other editions to photos CIBC Square.

View from the CN tower.(photo from FavAustinTX )
cn towrr d1.jpg

A view from the south west (photo from Tom Rodger)
tom rodger1.jpg

The 2 photos come from Flickr.

Attachments

• tom rodger1.jpg
    tom rodger1.jpg
    287.6 KB · Views: 486
  • cn towrr d1.jpg
    cn towrr d1.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 527
Yep, this is going to be so awesome.

Phase II I think is going to be even more exciting. The impact from Bay Street and almost all directions along Front Street will be a sight to behold, exactly the kind of unobstructed views needed to take in the diamond facade. Coming out of Union Station will feel completely different.

There's no streetcar platform being built. There's updated drawings on the City site from Sept 29th.

P3 Level

qUTBeSJ.jpg

P2 Level

cJwmX1S.jpg

P1 Level

k6eHODQ.jpg

Back