Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Yeah, 16 York's PATH connection will be ridiculous, and I can imagine will only be used in the worst weather, or by people from 16 York or Ïce wanting to shop at Longo's.

the hidden door in the ACC, up a level over Maple Leaf Square, then back down again to an underground connection under York Street PATH? that one that is going to take 3x as long as crossing York at ground level?

I will be curious as to how popular that route will be come winter.

AoD

It would just be easier to brave the cold and cut across Maple Leaf Square (the street), through Maple Leaf Square (the building), and hop across York Street, either by a PATH connection or jaywalking.

Plus, that existing PATH is only accessible by going outside first to an elevator. Not friendly to those living with a disability.

Plus, that existing PATH is only accessible by going outside first to an elevator. Not friendly to those living with a disability.
The exterior elevator in MLS that leads to the PATH is frequently out of action BUT there is an unpleasantly steep staircase just inside MLS - opposite ticket windows. I cannot understand why they were not forced to put in an escalator.

Yep, that's right. There's a fair amount of one-upmanship among the management consultancies, too, so I'll be interested to see if any of the others (McKinsey and Deloitte being obvious exceptions) join BCG in landing spiffy office space in a brand new building.

Bain - rather than Deloitte - is the other consulting firm in the "Big 3"

There was a lot of work going on all week from 7am to 7pm some days but not much to see. There's some new hoarding, a new construction entrance on Lake Shore Blvd., under the Gardiner, and all three boring machines are drilling away on top of the berm
all boring on the hill.jpg
more hoarding.jpg
Boring on the Hill.jpg

Attachments

• all boring on the hill.jpg
    all boring on the hill.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 409
  • more hoarding.jpg
    more hoarding.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 421
  • Boring on the Hill.jpg
    Boring on the Hill.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 413
Those are going to be some very spacious cubicles. Even with hallways, breakout rooms, etc. you've still got 100sqft per employee office.

Clients see much of the space. It needs to look good.

Those are going to be some very spacious cubicles. Even with hallways, breakout rooms, etc. you've still got 100sqft per employee office.

Clients see much of the space. It needs to look good.

When straight out of university graduates are making $100K+ at this firm I believe they value their employees more than enough to justify that much space invested per employee.

Think it's fair to question this lengthy rebuilt of an obsolete piece of infrastructure that was pretty utilitarian in the first place. Something new could be have been built in possibly less time with less construction headache for commuters with the lasting legacy of a modern structure that allow for smoother boarding and off boarding. Oh yeah, wide enough to cover all tracks too.

Sure as shit wasn't a 'golden age' for the structures that held them. What a gloomy, awful reminder of the past.
It certainly was for many cities that built grand stations. As usual, Toronto went the cheap route and put up this dank claptrap that somehow passes off as heritage because it's the only remaining specimen. There's a reason for that!

Back