Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
To which set are you referring? The Feb. 2016 SPA Resubmission set looks like this:

Bay Park.JPG

Attachments

• Bay Park.JPG
    Bay Park.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 2,566
I'm sure the station will still go ahead. Metrolinx is just taking their time. Don't need to build the tower though.

I am saddened that potential relief to the Union Station LRT bottleneck is going to be passed by.
In a perfect world, having the vision and alternate funding mindset would save most if not all of the waterfront LRT issues terminating at Union Station loop.

The parking lot of Phase 1 has current provisions for a GO Bus terminal, rumblings of a lrt station platform.

What is possible is a LRT super loop with Queens Quay east/west and potential Bremner LRT terminating there to be built from scratch without disruption to current service operations (save blowing out the eastern Queens Quay tunnel).

This is a vertically integrated LRT station with GO buses above and a short walking corridor to both TTC and GO/Metrolinx operations.

The diagonal walk from this new underground station through the existing loop would be a mere half block.

Often times using private construction opportunities for public transit seems like a no brainier, where are the planners and opportunists that are needed in times like this?

Paying for this effort could be as simple as offering property tax free for 20-25 years?

Tunneling Bremner from the new 33 Bay Station, popping up at Spadina continuing down Fort York to Lakeshore west and then on out to Etobicoke in RoW.

To bend the ears of of some of our near sighted planners and politicians when things seem so simple.
If this was NYC in particular they would've jumped on this from the get go.

Ding Ding Ding! Imagine being able to leave an event at the ACC and have direct access (through stairs on Bay, in the Union Market walkway or though this building) to the streetcar station, and Go Busses. Avoid the need to travel through a crowed (but expanded!) Union station. Separating traffic flows rather than forcing everyone together.

I'm sure the station will still go ahead. Metrolinx is just taking their time. Don't need to build the tower though.
Yes Metrolinx are very serious about moving ahead with a new bus station and I was under the impression this was all moving ahead fairly speedily; 45 Bay (aka 81 Bay) - which already has an agreement with the City for a roughed in space for the LRT platform - is apparently at the final approvals stage. 141 is a bit behind but it too is moving ahead. BTW. Metrolinx are not the developers - it's Ivanhoe Cambridge (aka Quebec Pension Plan). If you have not seen it the developers' site at http://www.bayparkcentre.com/ is interesting.

Pretty sure it's a partnership with Metrolinx owning the rail corridor including the bus platform where 141 Bay will rise.

Pretty sure it's a partnership with Metrolinx owning the rail corridor including the bus platform where 141 Bay will rise.
Obviously GO/Metrolinx is involved in the bus station part and because the park goes on top of the rail corridor but I do not think they are 'developers' but the project website says:

A highly visible pair of innovative office towers on a 3 million square foot downtown campus, Bay Park Centre is the result of a joint effort between global real estate leaders Ivanhoé Cambridge and Hines, and the last remaining office development with a commercially renowned Bay Street address.

I ve been waiting this project for so long.
I hope they will find a major tenant as soon as possible.
Do someone know if they are in talk with some major tenant ?

Back