Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
CIBC Square Dec 9.jpg

Timeline Sep-Dec.jpg

I finally got to see some of the progress in person. I was downtown last night at a concert and noticed how beastly this tower is. It's really making its presence in the skyline already. It makes me even more excited to see it all cladded and topped out (structurally I know its already topped out, but height wise there's still more to go on top of that. I think it's the fin part of the tower where the logo will be). Regardless, I can't wait to see the diamonds light up at night. What a spectacular tower this is going to be, and to think we have another one going up!

You really notice the difference towers like these feel compared to normal condo towers. Just much bigger and fatter looking.

I haven’t seen this in person since the first three panels went on. Im excited to see it all done (it will be done by the time I ever get there again?)

The indentation is there to make it appear as 2 towers. It‘ll work well once it all comes together.

You're right that it does it look a lot better in the renders but I think they made a mistake not duplicating the pattern on each "tower" exactly. The pattern carries on as if the indentation isn't there.

If they added a heavier or silvery trim to the corners of the recessed strip, that would also better differentiate the "2 tower" effect.
Right now, the flat part of the nearside tower (the half diamond) blends with the recessed wall and appears to extend across the recessed strip.

I can't stress how much this building should have been built at least 300 metres high. just by looking at how much it's unique diamond deep glazed window facade standing out from a distance. it looks just as rich has the Scotia Plaza. And is slowly becoming and the icon building as seen in the photos up above.

Yeah. It's disappointing it's not taller. Not sure why didn't they make it taller. There is certainly demand for new office space in downtown Toronto. This building could have been easily over 300m

Yeah. It's disappointing it's not taller. Not sure why didn't they make it taller. There is certainly demand for new office space in downtown Toronto. This building could have been easily over 300m
Hines crunched the numbers and obviously came to a different conclusion.

Last edited:
Hindsight is 20/20. They probably could have stuck with the original heights, maybe 300m was too risky for them at the time. I think they could have easily gone with 275-280m though with very little risk. Given that tower 1 is 100% leased and tower 2 is already 80% leased (or maybe its full now too I haven't read any updates in a while). But yeah, this beauty would have looked unreal at Scotia Plaza height. But I will get what I can take.... 240m isn't bad and its at least tall enough to make an impact. It's a big thick tower with a large floor plate, I can only imagine what two of these side by side will do to the feel of the area, especially once all complete and lit up. Trust me....people will be taking lots of pictures.

Back