Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I should have taken a picture of the Microsoft store on my last visit (months ago) to the eaton centre. It seemed like 10 employees and no customers. Apple was full of people. Probably a lot for service.
Welcome to the neighbourhood Microsoft. Anyone else following on the wagon downtown?

BEBAA1A0-07CA-4C48-B1AF-9C179F30C985.jpeg

Attachments

• BEBAA1A0-07CA-4C48-B1AF-9C179F30C985.jpeg
    BEBAA1A0-07CA-4C48-B1AF-9C179F30C985.jpeg
    292.5 KB · Views: 859
I should have taken a picture of the Microsoft store on my last visit (months ago) to the eaton centre. It seemed like 10 employees and no customers. Apple was full of people. Probably a lot for service.
Welcome to the neighbourhood Microsoft. Anyone else following on the wagon downtown?

View attachment 156462
I'm sure you'll see more of it as more office stock comes online. Given how tight the market is right now it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of potential downtown tenants are in holding patterns in the burbs until vacancy rates increase.

To be fair, their location in Eaton is not helping either. Not saying if Microsoft had a storefront on the main floor beside Apple would bring in the same amount of people but it would most definitely help compared to their current basement spot.

The store at Square 1 is vastly more popular as it's in a prime location in the mall, though still doesn't bring in the same amount of foot traffic as Apple.

I'm hoping they can open a flagship store in the concourse here.

View attachment 156462

Hmmm yeah that must be it, not the fact that Microsoft products are vastly inferior to Apple products, or the fact that millennials outside of XBOX community do not care about Microsoft products.

To be fair, their location in Eaton is not helping either. Not saying if Microsoft had a storefront on the main floor beside Apple would bring in the same amount of people but it would most definitely help compared to their current basement spot.

The store at Square 1 is vastly more popular as it's in a prime location in the mall, though still doesn't bring in the same amount of foot traffic as Apple.

I mean, that is just like your opinion, man.
Exactly, there's never people pouring through the PATH level of the Eaton Centre, moving to and from the super-busy food court, or accessing the subway, or going to Starbucks, or watching the fountain, or going to the 50 other stores including Forever 21. It's dead down on that level.

I mean, that is just like your opinion, man.

Exactly, there's never people pouring through the PATH level of the Eaton Centre, moving to and from the super-busy food court, or accessing the subway, or going to Starbucks, or watching the fountain, or going to the 50 other stores including Forever 21. It's dead down on that level.

Nope, it is not my opinion but obvious reality. This is not an EC location problem. "Microsoft's won't say how many people visit its stores, but It's not uncommon to see workers outnumber customers at the San Francisco location"

https://www.recode.net/2016/5/10/11645510/microsoft-retail-stores-empty

Fabulous Friday

Westside Story: It's mostly rinse and repeat now, every week we're one level higher and more steel has been added. At some point in time, Crane#1 and Crane#2 are going to have to move upwards. Right now the operator can't see inside the core where the workers are assembling the rebar.

IMG_0989.jpg

A closer look at the core interior

IMG_0992.jpg

Eastside Story: They've been actively pouring the ground floor level of the bus depot. It's been slow but meticulous work. The slow work may have had something to do with the space needed for the portable crane that was lifting steel earlier in the week.

IMG_0990.jpg

Close up of the work being done on the ramp that will be the exit ramp from Level 02 of the bus depot

IMG_0991.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0989.jpg
    IMG_0989.jpg
    382 KB · Views: 801
  • IMG_0992.jpg
    IMG_0992.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 844
  • IMG_0990.jpg
    IMG_0990.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 873
  • IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 868
Fabulous Friday

Westside Story: It's mostly rinse and repeat now, every week we're one level higher and more steel has been added. At some point in time, Crane#1 and Crane#2 are going to have to move upwards. Right now the operator can't see inside the core where the workers are assembling the rebar.

View attachment 156610

A closer look at the core interior

View attachment 156612

Eastside Story: They've been actively pouring the ground floor level of the bus depot. It's been slow but meticulous work. The slow work may have had something to do with the space needed for the portable crane that was lifting steel earlier in the week.

View attachment 156613

Close up of the work being done on the ramp that will be the exit ramp from Level 02 of the bus depot

View attachment 156614
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 556

Back