BayPark1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 479
  • BayPark2.jpg
    BayPark2.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 489
  • BayPark3.jpg
    BayPark3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 446
^Great reference, plus that's how every UT'r is probably feeling about this development going up, so it's completely thread relevant.

According to the city's building application website, they still don't have any building permits yet.

Likely just prepping the lot since they do own that. Bodes well that they're getting things started...likely (hopefully) just awaiting to pass through some red tape before the digging commences.

The UT Trump thread is our largest with almost 2.5 million views. Bay Park is currently at 379,000 with construction about to start. Could this be the largest in 5 years?

The UT Trump thread is our largest with almost 2.5 million views. Bay Park is currently at 379,000 with construction about to start. Could this be the largest in 5 years?

Not unless there's a destructive politician attached to the project. Obligatory reference to Rob Ford's Toronto.

But staying on topic, I was in the Union Station Revitalization thread talking about Union's asymmetry. One of the things is that there's nothing to match the Skywalk in the East Wing. The renderings and the architectural plans seem to indicate it will be in place, and it seems it will match the west Skywalk well.

bH4ojiA.png

13H2MQ2.png

One item in particular I'm wondering about is if there was ever an external roof in this location, similar to the West Skywalk. Maybe s. 37 funds for this can be allocated to a re-build, or if it was never there, a new imitation structure?

GddqiEZ.png

cuKVJrx.png

Last edited:
Not unless there's a destructive politician attached to the project. Obligatory reference to Rob Ford's Toronto.

But staying on topic, I was in the Union Station Revitalization thread talking about Union's asymmetry. One of the things is that there's nothing to match the Skywalk in the East Wing. The renderings and the architectural plans seem to indicate it will be in place, but I'm not getting a good ense of how exact they're going to match it vs. the west Skywalk, if at all.

One item in particular I'm wondering about is if there was ever an external roof in this location, similar to the West Skywalk. Maybe s. 37 funds for this can be allocated to a re-build, or if it was never there, a new imitation structure?

It will be part of this project I believe - the developer is required to build the bridge as a condition of approval:

f.
The following matters are also recommended to be secured in the Section 37 Agreement as a legal convenience to support development:
i. the Owner shall at its expense construct and maintain two above-grade publicly accessible pedestrian bridges from the site to Union Station and from the site to the Backstage condominium at 1 -7 the Esplanade, for use by members of the general public;

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2016/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-97180.pdf

And from the 141 Bay Dev App Architectural Renderings:

upload_2017-6-7_11-59-50.png

upload_2017-6-7_12-0-14.png

And the HIA by ERA (p.4):

upload_2017-6-7_12-5-46.png

AoD

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-7_11-59-50.png
    upload_2017-6-7_11-59-50.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 460
  • upload_2017-6-7_12-0-14.png
    upload_2017-6-7_12-0-14.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 440
  • upload_2017-6-7_12-5-46.png
    upload_2017-6-7_12-5-46.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 422
Last edited:
I still feel that the city/metrolinx dropped the ball(surprised, no) with the opportunity for an expanded Union Station Streetcar loop. Most other forward-thinking cities/organizations would be coming up with a multitude of options to get what is sorely needed to be accomplished. Yet again Toronto comes late to the game and prohibitive cost escalations are our prize.

Here we have a from scratch hole in the ground that someone ELSE is paying for, on one of the largest undeveloped parcels of land NEXT to Union Station. Surely someone with foresight could have put their hand up and say hey "Section 37 redirects, or a xx-year commercial property tax forgiveness in lieu." Clearly, the Go Bus Terminal was such a brain drain on governmental organizations that rolling over is far easier. NYC or Chicago identify these opportunities well ahead of time.

This whole expansion which is one of many included in the reset plan could be migrated 100m to the southeast, custom built serving generations to come.

Hey, what do I know? I just see these things for what they are, opportunities to save money and serve the public interest.

From Waterfront Transit Reset
unionstationloop_2009.jpg

I still feel that the city/metrolinx dropped the ball(surprised, no) with the opportunity for an expanded Union Station Streetcar loop. Most other forward-thinking cities/organizations would be coming up with a multitude of options to get what is sorely needed to be accomplished. Yet again Toronto comes late to the game and prohibitive cost escalations are our prize.

Here we have a from scratch hole in the ground that someone ELSE is paying for, on one of the largest undeveloped parcels of land NEXT to Union Station. Surely someone with foresight could have put their hand up and say hey "Section 37 redirects, or a xx-year commercial property tax forgiveness in lieu." Clearly, the Go Bus Terminal was such a brain drain on governmental organizations that rolling over is far easier. NYC or Chicago identify these opportunities well ahead of time.

This whole expansion which is one of many included in the reset plan could be migrated 100m to the southeast, custom built serving generations to come.

Hey, what do I know? I just see these things for what they are, opportunities to save money and serve the public interest.

From Waterfront Transit Reset
unionstationloop_2009.jpg

While I agree that I feel like there is a level of missed opportunity here, the final development will include a roughed in space for a future LRT platform. At least when the Waterfront Transit Reset is done, and we are ready to build more transit on the waterfront, we will have reduced costs for the East Bayfront LRT.

Back