News   Jul 15, 2024
 209     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 369     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.9K     1 

Toronto/Chicago comparisons

Soon we'll have a dedicated LRT from Pearson to Union that'll take only about 25 minutes. The disadvantages of an expanded island airport will outweigh its advantages in a a matter of months.
Not if you're asking me. I'll still use Billy Bishop as much as possible.

The train to Pearson could serve blowjobs and brie and I'd still find it more convenient to fly from YTO. Not to mention porter airlines wins my business by treating me well.

How do Logan and Midway compare to Pearson? I mean in ease of getting around. Distance to and time get to downtown, etc?

Wouldn't it be great if it actually were...all about you.

Not really. Why you asking? Do you assume that because I support the island airport that I think the world revolves around me?
I support it; you oppose it. Big deal. It doesn't revolve around either of us.

Do you assume that because I support the island airport that I think the world revolves around me?

That is self evident.

It isn't even a case of me considering the "greater good" vs you with your self-proclaimed narcissistic position. It's that I doubt your are taking into consideration the actual inconveniences beyond travel time that are affecting you. It's amazing how much self-damage people will go through for a small perceived payoff.

Please enlighten me as to what these inconveniences which are unbeknownst to me are exactly.

I take that to mean you don't think there are any?

Also, if I may, how close to the island airport do you live?

Not close enough to be affected directly. Sorry to say, I am completely unbiased on the topic.

I was just wondering if it directly affected you.

The ferry kind of sucks, but that tunnel will soon be ready. Other than that, it works wonders for me, personally. I prefer taking the train to Ottawa, Montréal, and Windsor, but Halifax, Moncton, Boston, New York, and Sault Ste Marie? Porter, please.

I take it that you never fly from there?

No

But that isn't really my point. I'm not suggesting nobody use it...it's there...use it if you want.

What I am saying is that it should not exist. In which case, you would not be able to use it.

This public land could be put to better use. It's 215 acres of the most prime land in all of canada. It has an estimated value of $2billion. This does not include valuable waterfront land on the mainland that has to be used for parking and other airport uses.

You think you will like the new tunnel? $82 million for that plus another $20 million for ferry improvements. So, over $100 million to shave what...2 minutes of your 400 foot trip? Does that sound like good value to you? You must be a big fan of the Scarborough subway then?

About $80 million in unpaid back taxes and subsidies to the TPA from the City, plus $48 million the City paid as a settlement when the deadbeat TPA sued the city for $1 billion.

$35 million from the feds as "compensation" when the bridge was cancelled. Although the reductions in takeoff & landings the compensation was based on never happened. Robert Deluce received $20 million of this and was used as initial capital to start Porter. Porter's sweetheart deal with TPA at the airport (which it then charges other users for what it gets for free), plus $250 million in government low interest loans to purchase its aircraft, means your favourite little private airline was essentially started and subsidized by the taxpayers.

But hey....as long as Y O U are happy with your flight to Sault Ste Marie, who cares...right?

Back