attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1046-1.JPG
    IMG_1046-1.JPG
    713.5 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_1048-1.JPG
    IMG_1048-1.JPG
    623.9 KB · Views: 756
^ It's not too often that I'm torn between deciding a better building when presented with 2 subjects. With Casa and Chaz, it's a 'statistical tie' for me lol

^ It's not too often that I'm torn between deciding a better building when presented with 2 subjects. With Casa and Chaz, it's a 'statistical tie' for me lol

So, anyone else now noticing how Chaz is not turning out like its render as of the last few floors made. its only ten storeys after the box. so whys it now six extra stories higher. The top portion is supose to be cut in half / angled and then up towards the mechanical roof. yet it just continues its current form. what gives.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 688
Last edited:
Ironically, you're being the type of person your signature decries.

I'm not saying that it's a bad thing to whine. In fact, I think people should demand better from developers and our city, so that it can be the best it can be. But it's sort of ironic seeing your signature below a post where you are complaining about something the developers obviously changed when they received approval for additional floors.

Thats not at all the same as the meaning of my statement. but, the whiners i mean are the people who want their two storey houses in the core then dare complain about the shadows that the core produces. simply move. one example of what i mean by stopping good opportunities. nothing at all to do with this design change or design changes in general. but thanks for trying to center me out my friend. saying the house was their before the condos or office towers is a hilarious argument. its still a major city continuously growing. so let it grow with grave not cheeping out and settling for ordinary. its Frickin Toronto, not Oshawa.

The irony is that a lot of people make very good points about shadowing issues, wind tunnel concerns, and public infrastructure keeping pace with private development. Your ranting about "just move somewhere else if you don't like it" sounds much more like whining.

I noticed this awhile back as well, they built the viewing box feature much lower than the renders suggest, but this might be in part because the the additional stories. I think the original design called for half a dozen fewer floors.
I hope that the crown still ends up a similar shape.

To confirm, the club is built where it was always proposed. The building was allowed an extra 6 storeys at the Committee of Adjustment.

To confirm, the club is built where it was always proposed. The building was allowed an extra 6 storeys at the Committee of Adjustment.

Yes, and it's too bad they put the "club" on such a low floor. When a new condo goes up just south of them, that "club" will have no view at all, fall into disuse and end up being used for storage. Why did they stop putting observation decks on the top floors? Yes, yes, I know, the CN tower came along and put and end to all those decks in the downtown area, but this "club" looks more like a barnacle on the hull of a ship than anything else. No, a proper rooftop deck (indoor/outdoor) would have been far superior, and I would imagine much cheaper to construct. Just look at the gymnastics they had to perform to get this barnacle thingy to cling to the side of the building.

You won't find a more devoted aA person than me, but in fairness, the condo formula is pretty standard these days, their work included. Aesthetically and in terms of detailing, aA does great stuff, but the meat-and-bones architecture is still the same old pancaked floorplates of residential units in CASA and similar projects. "Vastly superior" might be a bit strong for what mostly boils down to aesthetics.

Back