Toronto Centro Condos | ?m | 31s | Henderson | IBI Group

given its a HK developer, although designed by IBI (thanks Archivist!), the look of the buildings remind me of HK's apartments.

July 6

IMG_july_06_09-0104.jpg

IMG_july_06_09-0100.jpg

IMG_july_06_09-0097.jpg

Daily Commercial News

Rigging up rebar at Centro condos in Scarborough, Ontario
July 31, 2009

130.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Rebar work progresses for the Centro Residential Condominiums in Scarborough, Ont. Construction manager Dominus Construction Group began the 31-storey, 578-unit project in April 2008 and the work also includes 16 townhouses and four levels of parking.

The Centro was designed by IBI Group Architects. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Consulting Engineers (structural) and Jain and Associates (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd. Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); RES Precast; Innocon Inc. (concrete); D. Zentil Mechanical Ltd. Mayfair Electric Ltd.; Allan Window Systems Inc.; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.ca/article/id34765

August 22 2009 update

Centro Tower 1 (south) is on the 3rd floor ~
IMG_1520.jpg

Centro Tower 2 (north ) is on the 2nd floor ~
IMG_1521.jpg

Henderson retained Dominus Construction for this project - the same people building Absolute World, that should be somewhat reassuring ~ :)
IMG_1522.jpg

Daily Commercial News

Work continues on Centro condos in Scarborough, Ontario
September 10, 2009

110.jpg

HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING

Conduit work is moving along on the Centro Residential Condominiums in Scarborough, Ont.

Construction manager Dominus Construction Group began the 31-storey, 578-unit project in April 2008.

The work also includes 16 townhouses and four levels of parking.

The Centro was designed by IBI Group Architects. Consultants are Read Jones Christoffersen Consulting Engineers (structural) and Jain and Associates (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades include: Costa Earthmoving Inc. (excavation); Anchor Shoring & Caissons Ltd. Gilbert Steel Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); RES Precast; Innocon Inc. (concrete); D. Zentil Mechanical Ltd. Mayfair Electric Ltd.; Allan Window Systems Inc.; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35255

Anyone Been By Lately

Has anyone seen how things look recently?

I live far away from the city but will be a resident of Centro.

Thanks to all of those who have posted pictures.

It looks like good progress is being made.

October 11 2009 update

Centro starting on the 4th floor
IMG_1656.jpg

looking pretty similar to the rendering ~ :)
pic.jpg

I like the 2 storey ceilings above the livingroom, but the drawback to that is no ensuite for the master bedroom. I guarantee it wont feel quite so masterful because of that.

really? Centro is more expensive than EQ1+EQ2?? based on what I've seen in the sales office Monarch seems to offer a better product than Henderson (including better finishes)

Back