Toronto Casa II Condos | 184.09m | 56s | Cresford | a—A

42 Charles St (site of the former CTV HQ and later YMCA) CASA II
Application moved directly to OMB but settled with Councillor Wong Tam at the recent Community Council.
This application proposes to redevelop the site with one 56-storey tower (174 metres excluding mechanical penthouse) containing 447 residential condominium units.

I would think that it is time to change part of the title of this thread from "seeking 57" to "56".

Probably more like 3 to 4 and if there's no slowdown, you can expect to see the post office site developed.

I live at the X Condo so as long as the development is 'over there' that's all good. I would hate to hear that the Gernstein Centre was going to be developed in the future. Small footprint though so the tower could not be that tall if it happens! Charles is turning into Bay Street as others have stated. Only drive prices up more.

Last edited:
I've noticed that there have been no ads for this project or 1000 Bay in the last two issues of the Condo Guide. That seems a little odd.

Not sure about 1000 bay, but this is sold out, or around 95%. Probably no need to pay for advertisements for the last 15-20 units in the building.

Interior demolition of the existing building is continuing. All exterior structures and canopies have been removed and hoarding is up on the Charles St. side. The existing building comes out pretty close to the street so I guess this will be a very gingerly demo.

Hahaha, you'll have people here scratching their heads saying " 'Uh'… How is That Possible?":D

I guess, the right building, and the right area, and it will sell itself.

I have to assume at some point, there will be diminishing returns for projects on Bay Street, because IT will lose that residential feeling, when the masses move in en masse.

casa2o5.jpg

What Bay Street needs is both residents and somewhere and something for them to do at street level - other than going to work.

Back