Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

^Concerning the eggnog, the stuff is evil. It doesn't mix well with cement, either.

Casa Condominium Progress Dec 30, 2007

Not much change from last week, but for what it's worth...

DSCN1663.jpg

2008 will bring major change to this site. I'm wondering where they'll be one year from now.

DSCN1656.jpg

DSCN1657.jpg

DSCN1659.jpg

I'd bet this baby will be topped off by this time next year, figure about a floor per week. The beast across the street is anyone's guess, do we have definitive confirmation on how many floors it will be? Two blocks east, X should be coming close to top off and Couture will be at least a hole in the ground. 1BE will be an empty, demolished lot with plenty of twitchy, nervous investors walking by checking for day-to-day progress but nothing changes. Blu will be topped off, Uptown will be close behind.
Plenty of positive changes in this area for 2008!

A few more projects:

Construction of the Milan condo shall be getting underway.
Plazacorp shall be marketing their building on Wellesley Street, as well as the developer of the 44 story building next door.
Tridel will going great guns with the James Cooper Mansion - hole dug and completed to grade (my guess).

And Maple Leaf Gardens will stay empty and abandoned for another year.

Casa Condominium Progress Jan 12, 2008

Here's a 360 degree tour of the site today as CASA continues inching its way up to street level...

DSCN1804.jpg

DSCN1802.jpg

DSCN1801_2.jpg

DSCN1800_2.jpg

DSCN1797_2.jpg

DSCN1796_2.jpg

^You can see BSN starting to rise across the street, to the left of the crane.

DSCN1795_2.jpg

DSCN1793_2.jpg

DSCN1791_2.jpg

DSCN1789_2.jpg

I heard someone said this building will be steel framed, can someone confirm this? If so, what does this mean to the construction time frame? I am assuming it will be built faster?

Casa Condominium Progress Jan 19, 2008

^Yes... this site should start to look like the Bay/Adelaide site once they've completed the four storey podium on CASA.

Hurry up, hurry up, hurry up!

DSCN1859.jpg

DSCN1860.jpg

DSCN1847.jpg

DSCN1848.jpg

DSCN1851.jpg

DSCN1855.jpg

DSCN1856.jpg

DSCN1857.jpg

Being so close to that hideous monster Bloor St Neighbourhood development will make Casa look even better - and it will already be an absolutely stunning tower on its own.

Back