Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

I guess the designers shopped at the same lighting store as X condos.

let me guess, ... was the interior designer Cecconi Simone too? if not, then it's quite sad.
CS did Vu and the same doors and lights were used as above. bathroom sinks were the same for X and Vu too.
copy and paste seems to be the common style ... not much originality from project to project

let me guess, ... was the interior designer Cecconi Simone too? if not, then it's quite sad.
CS did Vu and the same doors and lights were used as above. bathroom sinks were the same for X and Vu too.
copy and paste seems to be the common style ... not much originality from project to project

Yep, it was Cecconi Simone. It's nice to know these design companies get paid boat loads to re-use the same products. I don't mind seeing the same sinks being re-used, but the lighting in the hallways? Is it really that difficult to find something original? Hire me and I'll find something :)

The X lighting seems a tad bit larger, but still the same style.

x-light.jpg

Vu
Casa
Boutique
X

Are all very similar. The kitchens and bathrooms are pretty much the same. You'll be hard pressed to find much uniqueness in today's condo market.

That's a smart idea to get a recent shot from that angle before the apartment complex goes up at 66 Isabella and Chaz goes up next to Casa.

With all the talk, lately, about Mr. Clewes, and aA, and the rippling balconies at Market Wharf, I thought I'd bring back androiduk's fine picture of the Casa balconies for consideration. Along with the subtly angled-out balconies at Spire, and the balconies at Burano that extend from the angular corners of the tower and hang in mid-air, and the rumpled balconies of Clear Spirit, and all the other balcony variations that aA have produced to delight us, I think that this photo shows what makes the mysterious Casa such a joy to behold. Because they're all glass, and the tower they front for is also all glass, there's always a play between transparency and opacity with the balconies at Casa as you stand on the street. In androiduk's image the transparency happens to be on the left, and the opacity on the right, and it's part of the mirage-like effect that caused by the play of light.

With all the talk, lately, about Mr. Clewes, and aA, and the rippling balconies at Market Wharf, I thought I'd bring back androiduk's fine picture of the Casa balconies for consideration. Along with the subtly angled-out balconies at Spire, and the balconies at Burano that extend from the angular corners of the tower and hang in mid-air, and the rumpled balconies of Clear Spirit, and all the other balcony variations that aA have produced to delight us, I think that this photo shows what makes the mysterious Casa such a joy to behold. Because they're all glass, and the tower they front for is also all glass, there's always a play between transparency and opacity with the balconies at Casa as you stand on the street. In androiduk's image the transparency happens to be on the left, and the opacity on the right, and it's part of the mirage-like effect that caused by the play of light.

bravo well said.

Mysterious... Casa?

What? It's about the least mysterious thing in the city. It's a square glass condo with wraparound balconies. There's literally nothing more to it or mysterious about it. Your reaching reminds me of Michael Jordan at the end of Space Jam.

EDIT: And before the inevitable comes... I am not saying I don't like Casa, but it is what it is, a basic shape condo with high quality glass, there's no need to try and make it something more when it's not. Just like it for what it is.

Last edited:
Mysterious... Casa?

What? It's about the least mysterious thing in the city. It's a square glass condo with wraparound balconies. There's literally nothing more to it or mysterious about it. Your reaching reminds me of Michael Jordan at the end of Space Jam.

EDIT: And before the inevitable comes... I am not saying I don't like Casa, but it is what it is, a basic shape condo with high quality glass, there's no need to try and make it something more when it's not. Just like it for what it is.

I agree... Though it's one of my favorite condos, but it is what it is... nothing to make you say "wow, great design".

it's part of the mirage-like effect that caused by the play of light.

"mirage-like"... Really?
This is true of any building with transparent glass, so like, all of them. Read here.

From that perspective, the sight line of the balconies on the right is approaching the critical angle (from the normal) while the angle of the ones on the left are much further below it.

But we get it, you really like aA.

It's always mysterious how some designs are beautiful ... and some aren't. Can it be defined? I don't think so! Casa's so simple, yet why does it work so expressively well? Is it merely a question of proportion - the width of one side playing off the width of the other side, combined with the height of the tower? I think the balconies are part of it.

Back