Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Good good - okay all we need now is a shot at dusk, so there's still some colour in the sky, and the pic will look fantastic!

How about this? Casa from above

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Amazing shots, though the light under CASA's hat is, viewed in person, a moderate, warm glow.

It looks amazing, I have to admit. I went out on my balcony early this morning to take a look (couldn't sleep, went on UT.)

Fantastic pictures, once again, dt.

see if you can, please, post pictures of toronto skyline during the night somewhere.

once again, thanks for the fantastic pictures.

I love the big "glow" given off by Yonge/Bloor! its almost like those night shots of new york where you can see these bright lights coming from times square! Sweet stuff dt :D

Thanks for those photos DT! So, it's it time to tuck this thread in, and pack it off to Buildings, Architecture & Urban Design?

The PH terraces has the ambiance of a gas station at night with those lights.

Neuhaus - I have to agree. From my vantage point the light appears way too bright and is putting alot of empasis on the horizontal vents of the mechanical box. Not terribly appealing to me.

A few more photos of Casa that I took while walking the dog around the nabe late tonight. I should have dragged out the tripod...

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

from 500 Sherbourne.

p1030580u.jpg

The Uptown looks great in this shot. As bad as the stucco might be (it's not a high enough end building to get fancier treatment throughout), I love the shape and height. It will add a lot of charcter to the neighbourhood when it's done and I think will look particularly stellar at nigh with some of it's windows lit up. I think it certainly adds a lot more than Crystal Blu which I originally thought would be the much cooler building.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Agreed. I hope they add some up-lighting to the setbacks of Uptown to enhance it's nighttime appeal.

I like Casa's hat lighting from the pics. Very downtowny skyline feel to it. Though if I were a penthouse owner at Casa I'd be peeved all the time that it was interfering with my nighttime viewing.

The lighting looks PERFECT! almost like a halo floating atop the building. I think its probably time to move this building into the buildings, architecture, and urban design section.

OMG! Casa looks stunning at night! Its actually staying true to the night-time renders! :D... there's such a cool glow that this building has at night! Almost ghostly!... all the balconies on the south side have a white glow to them,,, is it because of a building next-door or did they put lights on them?

Back