Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

From the Toronto Star (they incorrectly identify it as "Murano")

A two-alarm fire at downtown building under construction has closed part of Bay St. between College and Grosvenor streets.

Toronto Fire officials said the fire was under control but crews were still on the scene and large plumes of black smoke were visible.

The two-storey building is under construction and was vacant at the time. No injuries were reported.

Police said the fire was located at 832 Bay St. at Grenville St. Part of the construction site includes the Murano condo towers that were plagued by falling glass last summer.

The historic two-storey building was formerly Addison on Bay, a long-standing car dealership and showroom that closed in 2007.

I was thinking to myself, why didn't they go onto the balcony to film that. But off course that's taken from Murano where the balconies are off limits.

This picture was taken from the 27th floor common area at 1001 Bay.

IMG_1120.jpg

A car dealership would go quite well with the older building that was restored as part of the podium.

Just to go back a few posts; these comments on a car dealership are irony or parody--right?

We all know that Addison's on Bay was a car dealership located ln this space before?

This building can look so slim from some angles, and so broad from others. It's amazing. I really like how the crown is turning out on top.

This building can look so slim from some angles, and so broad from others. It's amazing. I really like how the crown is turning out on top.

It just hit me that Burano is essentially the same form as Scotia Plaza.

Bravo aA. First X Condo (vis-a-vis TD Centre) and now Burano (vis-a-vis Scotia Plaza).

I lived in the apartment 3rd balcony from the left, on the right side of the photo for one year (The Maples south tower) and could hear noise from the mechanical room above, now I understand why seeing where it's positioned. Looks like a restoration is due there soon.

Your going to be able to provide good photo updates from 45 Carlton as Karma goes up & eventually, 460 Yonge once it clears 2 Carlton St. steveve!

Back