Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

From a couple days ago

photo-223.jpg

Murano and Burano's mechanical boxes look pretty good. they don't distract from the building, they only add to the look of it,

Murano and Burano's mechanical boxes look pretty good. they don't distract from the building, they only add to the look of it,

I have to disagree with you there steveve. They actually look quite horrible up close;

6275491500_0d192f59f5_z.jpg

Of course that industrial appearance isn't very visible from the street level and the low profile of the mechanical makes them rather discrete (as opposed to say, the mechanical on top of the X).

But its quite a stretch to say they actually add to the look, considering they're clad in a opaque material when the rest of the building is not. One only needs to look at City Place or The Ritz or The 4 Season's to see mechanical that actually 'add to the look' of a building.

I have to disagree with you there steveve. They actually look quite horrible up close;

Interesting. I don't live too far away, have an almost parallel view and I've honestly never noticed that top part. It's too bad they didn't do a better job designing the light boxes at the top, the lighting is uneven and some sections have been burned out for a long time. Aside from that I'm a big fan of the Murano towers.
I wish Lanterra had have employed the same glass design on Burano as was used on Murano, otherwise it seems mostly successful so far.

Started putting up the frames for the heritage windows on the second floor. Here's what they look like so far. A few panes of glass are also in place.
Photos from this afternoon.

6541145219_9999c935f7_b.jpg

6541141327_4c7870d6cc_b.jpg

6541150513_208cf5a6ae_b.jpg

6541159717_ebfd940a4d_b.jpg

6541153555_6e196ba091_b.jpg

6541155475_08b3992ae8_b.jpg

I'm really liking how the rebuild has turned out, but I hope they're able to rent it out to some interesting tenants. With so many people living nearby (and a massive hospital rebuild next door, no less) you'd think that these retail spaces would attract something other than a Starbucks or a Subway

Windows, a detail often overlooked in renovations and/or rebuilds, have been executed wonderfully here. Kudos to Lanterra on that one.

Back