Toronto Burano | ?m | 48s | Lanterra | a—A

Burano beginning to rise from University & College

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

From Bay, north of College

from today
20110122023.jpg

burano is looking razor sharp at it's edges! i like it. the glass doesn't quite "pop" like murano. it's a bit dull and gloom looking all the time. is it the same type of glass as murano or different?

the glass looks excellent when the light is shining off of it.
in person it looks like the glass is slightly different than Murano, but it's too close to really tell.

I was thinking that Grosvenor Street is overwhelmed with construction now, Burano and Women's College redevelopment.

It is such a short street for all of that work.

actually, Grosvenor isn't that busy of a street and has a good stoplight. Grenville can also quickly access a good stoplight to the south. I'd say there is minor impact here.

I'd sorta wish that there would have been a greater difference between the Murano and Burano projects. they're different in design, but colour wise almost identical. It makes it seem like they build these towers in bulk which makes if feel cheap. sorta like the NY tower complex in north york but much lessened. but great on the skyline :)

It would be nice if the city could narrow Bay at Grenville. I know it's not a signalized intersection and pedestrians aren't supposed to be crossing there, but the reality is that many pedestrians do and the current configuration makes it harder to do safely. It wouldn't really take any extra lanes either; the right northbound lane is superwide at that point for some reason (probably because of the curve in the road), so even if they took 6 or 7 feet off of that lane it would be 6 or 7 fewer feet of road for people to dash across. Maybe they could even use the extra sidewalk space for some landscaping, or street vendors, or something.

Edit: Link to show what I mean. It's easily 6 or 7 feet, maybe even more. I'd leave the left turn lanes alone near the intersections, but I think a landscaped median could be in order for the midblock section.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=bay+a...1575,-79.386091&spn=0.001211,0.00284&t=k&z=19

Last edited:

Back