Toronto Broadview Hotel | 28.65m | 7s | Streetcar | ERA Architects

Honest Ed's is the place that gave out free turkeys on Thanksgiving, right?

By gosh; always knew that I was gauche!

Regards,
J T

ignLcJi.jpg

Block is going up at the back for the new addition

BCTBvOP.jpg

I sort of wish Streetcar could assemble the Pizzaiolo and vacant spot as well and build them into a modern hotel extension of 3-4 floors. As is, they are squat and ugly for an increasingly significant corner.

I can't imagine it will be too long before there's land assembly going on all around this corner, whatever else has not been redeveloped already. As soon as GO RER stations and RL station locations are formalized as well, it'll be an east end land rush.

I'd hate to see these old one storey buildings go. They've got character compared to the dull replacements.

It's like those ppl calling for the destruction of the Queensway retail strip--it's not the old buildings that should go but rather the parking lots and most of the rubbish built since about 1975.

These buildings aren't exactly old. They were extensively renovated with new facades not too long ago.

Wherever I travel it is the mix of old and new buildings that make a city interesting. I'm finding in Toronto the old places I thought were everyday and familiar shine when next to the new gleaming towers and renovations. I feel very lucky to be here in this city at this time to see the dramatic changes happening, some good, some bad. i do agree with urban dreamer on this one in that if ALL the lower charming older places go, TO will be just like everywhere else.

Hindsight is always 20/20; Should'a; Would'a; Could'a.

Regards,
J T

It almost disappears, and maybe that's not a bad thing. With the Drake and the Gladstone Toronto is rockin' these little art hotels, love it!

It seems oddly truncated to me, although perhaps I am too used to such existing heritage properties being incorporated into tower podiums. In any case, I think it the finished project will be a huge boon to the area.

Back