Toronto Brant Park | 35.36m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

It's precisely with beautiful buildings like this that neglected streets like Adelaide and Richmond will be brought back to life.

I don't quite understand the love towards Brant Park's design ... which yes do resemeble the Tower Hill Apartments, but what's special about the 50s boxy modern architectural style ?

I'm not particularly impressed by the dated look personally ~ its just my 2 cents worth though ...

Evidently there's something to it as aA's X, which is itself a modern interpretation of a classic 50's form, was the runner up at this years Pugs.

Hey at least I'm consistent ... LOL :)

Indeed ... to each their own, these are times where members will have to 'agree to disagree' ~ :cool:

I don't agree to that.

...I'm hoping you watch The Simpsons, and don't think I'm just plain rude.

Pic taken Sept 21, 2011

Photo shows new signage.

yPO9h.jpg

At the community meeting where this was presented, Clewes was asked if the exterior framing would be exposed concrete. He answered that it would be a white cladding and not exposed concrete.

It's precisely with beautiful buildings like this that neglected streets like Adelaide and Richmond will be brought back to life.

Exactly. It's simple, clean design makes it a good neighbour - and quite an attractive one at that. The ground-floor commercial space will contribute to making Adelaide a more interesting street.

Its actually is for Phase 2 -- not a another round/draw of finance for the 1st phase.

Yes and a Brad Lamb rep has told me that it's the same design/architect as phase 1. I do think it may be a bit shorter due to location but who knows? Finding out when it launches. Looks like Tower Hill gets a twin set downtown as well.

I think the location and design are great, but just looked at phase 1 floorplans and overall, not impressed. How hard can it be to design a simple rectangular apartment?

Last edited:
Phase 2 does not mean a second building in this case. There will not be a second building. BL just purchased another piece of property and will increase the size of the actual building, same design, more units. it will be marketed as phase 2 but in reality it is the same building we already saw in the renderings

Two nights ago workers were removing the large Brant Park banner that covered 434 & 436 Adelaide St.
It was replaced with a Brad Lamb For Lease, 1 year lease, sign.

So it sounds like demolition will not start for at least another year or so.

Back