Toronto Brant Park | 35.36m | 11s | Lamb Dev Corp | a—A

Awesome. I would love 10 to 15 stories between spadina and bathurst for the remaining lots.

Does anyone know at this point if there is to be any retail component at street level?

At 11 floors, this fits well into the provisions defined by the King-Spadina Secondary Plan. It has yet to come forward at any community meeting, so it will be interesting to see how it is received there.

I'm as big an Aa fan as one can possibly be, but I'm not gonna lie--- this is just uninspired crap in my opinion. That team is a bit of a disappointment lately.

Eventhough I find the building design rather nice (I like the black and white contrast), the staggered window patterning has became an overplayed design cliché which I am tired of seeing.

Balconies would be a very nice feature to have for the units (especially facing the park), however I think having them will really change the look of the building unless it is carved into the volume (which really eats away at sellable area).

I don't mind the design or the height. I do wish it were divided into two buildings with 100 units each

The design might have been groundbreaking 10 years ago...

It'll still be a great counter to those awful townhomes up the street on Richmond.

Photos take May 4/11

5688050628_2a5d044fe2_b.jpg

5688053260_a5c119dfb9_b.jpg

5687487545_acfbab69bf_b.jpg

The rendering for this proposal kind of reminds me of the Peter Street Condo building. Smaller, and with reversed cladding colours.

The death knell of those particular deco brick buildings is the dreary clerestory basement windows at the sidewallk level and the resulting lack of street level store fronts. That and the fact they were a couple of storeys too low.
There are a few deco gems in the area that I would hate to see go though.

Last edited:
Pssst, hey Brad, the Norman Rogul Firs building at the other side of the park is crying out for a nice infill boutique condo ;-)
That's one demo that won't cause too many tears.

Back