Toronto BMO Field Renovations | ?m | ?s | MLSE | Gensler

^Well technically they are drawing that poorly, although I'm not sure if that includes "home" games where they were kicked out of Rogers Centre. They were close to that low for a couple years around 2000-ish, but they rebounded back to the 30,000 range pretty quickly.

Well the fact remains that TFC doesn't own the stadium or have any claim to it. If TFC wants their own soccer specific stadium they're welcome to build one of their own. But as long as they play in a city facility and are owned by the same people who own the Argos they'll have to share. TFC fans are making it out to be some sort of burden. The stadium should have been built for both sports in the first place as the city intended. This renovation is just righting that wrong.

As for Argos attendance, they're at rock bottom right now. Three of their "home" games have been outside of their home, one of which was in Fort McMurray of all places. TFC's average attendance of 23,700 isn't exactly earth shattering. The Argos have drawn that well as recently as three years ago. Attendance will go up when the new ownership group brings some stability to the team (and presumably a decent advertising budget) and they move to BMO.

My number may be wrong but I do remember a embarrassingly low number for the Rogers Center and BMO field if the trend continues. In TFC's case iv read in the past last year we had near 20,000 season ticket holders before the renovations, with this years success I'm pretty sure the numbers only gone up plus the attendance is always low at the very beginning of the game and gets higher by half which is where those numbers are from and not the embarrassing photos at the beginning. The numbers look truthful to me

My number may be wrong but I do remember a embarrassingly low number for the Rogers Center and BMO field if the trend continues. In TFC's case iv read in the past last year we had near 20,000 season ticket holders before the renovations, with this years success I'm pretty sure the numbers only gone up plus the attendance is always low at the very beginning of the game and gets higher by half which is where those numbers are from and not the embarrassing photos
Before the season TFC management said they had 20k+ season tickets......MLS prototcol is announced attendance is "tickets distributed" not people in seats on the day.....yet 5 times they announced crowds of under 20k.....plenty of ammunition there to question their level of transparency on attendance matters.

The typical refrain from TFC fans on this is that their club (uniquely within the league) announces tickets scanned not tickets distributed. Aside from the fact that this would strange that one team in a league reports differently than the others.....on October 3rd when they announced 18,332 I was talking to an employee in stadium management and they advised me there were "just under 11k" actually in attendance.

Somewhere along the line people have gotten it into their heads in this city that the Argos, uniquely, announce attendance that needs to be questioned.

When this field is finished will it house any special events like concerts? If so with the stands and soccer field it can probably hold about 40,000 people. That means major acts can play there now that's its enclosed on three sides.

Before the season TFC management said they had 20k+ season tickets......MLS prototcol is announced attendance is "tickets distributed" not people in seats on the day.....yet 5 times they announced crowds of under 20k.....plenty of ammunition there to question their level of transparency on attendance matters.

The typical refrain from TFC fans on this is that their club (uniquely within the league) announces tickets scanned not tickets distributed. Aside from the fact that this would strange that one team in a league reports differently than the others.....on October 3rd when they announced 18,332 I was talking to an employee in stadium management and they advised me there were "just under 11k" actually in attendance.

Somewhere along the line people have gotten it into their heads in this city that the Argos, uniquely, announce attendance that needs to be questioned.

You have to remember though, all of the games that were under 20,000 were actually rain games where no one wants to go to the game, hopefully with the canopy addition next year more people will come when it rains

You have to remember though, all of the games that were under 20,000 were actually rain games where no one wants to go to the game, hopefully with the canopy addition next year more people will come when it rains
no doubt the weather had an impact on attendance...but the point is "we have 20k season tickets" is a statement that has been proven to be false...so if anyone is going to accuse the Argos of fudging public statements about attendance then they have to acknowledge the Argos are not alone.

no doubt the weather had an impact on attendance...but the point is "we have 20k season tickets" is a statement that has been proven to be false...so if anyone is going to accuse the Argos of fudging public statements about attendance then they have to acknowledge the Argos are not alone.

That may be true but they must be near that number and if the protocol dictates they have to announce total tickets distributed, there were games with 16000-17000 announced and the season ticket numbers is certainly higher then that with the expansion to the stadium and before season tickets cut off, the map still had some available but the number was in the hundreds and not thousands

My number may be wrong but I do remember a embarrassingly low number for the Rogers Center and BMO field if the trend continues.
And again, they've had numbers that low before, only to see them rebound within a year or two. There's no reason to think that this is any different. And this time they have deep pocketed, stable ownership and a better stadium.

Supports for the new roof structure are going up
https://twitter.com/Kam_Ivan/status/666361595946213376/photo/1
https://twitter.com/Kam_Ivan/status/666361476194635777/photo/1
JkqSm93.png

msGY2a7.png

GqTfeXF.png

GpBuv81.png

6vfiKAw.jpg

ZRyps90.png

Last weekend:

untitled_9224-12-2.jpg untitled_9227-12-4.jpg

Attachments

• untitled_9224-12-2.jpg
    untitled_9224-12-2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 366
  • untitled_9227-12-4.jpg
    untitled_9227-12-4.jpg
    859.2 KB · Views: 342
Maybe it's a bit of an optical illusion because of the angle, but those seats at the top look like they are tucked right up into the roof.

Looks like the roof isn't flush with the closest seats so likely there's a good amount of space. Probably not much though!

Back