Toronto Blythwood at Huntington | ?m | 9s | Concert | Kirkor Architects

Hard to believe the same company is building 300 Front and James Cooper Mansion.

Haha sure it looks better & more detailed than Merci, I think it is like 4X more expensive ... different market, different product ... this is like a shorter mini Cheddington

This seems to be a nice site facing Sunnydene Park to the north ... that is if you don't mind being right next to the Mount Hope cemetery to the south

Goes on all the time. For instance, Peter Freed - he of the impeccably good downtown-Modernist credentials - hired Richard Wengle ( the architect of that famously hideous faux monstrosity in Forest Hill ) to design him a big Tudor ( ? ) clubhouse in the Muskokas.

Sales stalled - Tridel may repackage and relaunch the project at some point, but higher-end product across the city isn't moving at all right now.

Unfortunate; it would have been a decent addition to the neighbourhood. But it's not a surprise. Given its location, I question whether it will be "repackaged", or whether it will simply sit on hold until this market segment improves, at which time we will see it again.

I was looking forward to seeing this get built, oh well.

Anyone have any info on another project just up the street called Stratford? It's been sitting idle for quite some time now, I wouldn't be surprised if that too was cancelled.

Scaled Model

thanks to ProjectEnd's leads to MBA Models

Huntington ... for what it is worth ~

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

Last edited:
Daily Commercial News

I thought The Huntington was put on hold ... :confused:

What's the status with this project anyways TWM ?
CONDOMINIUM APARTMENT BLDGS
Proj: 9046961-12
Toronto, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANNING
The Huntington, 1900 Bayview Ave, M4G
$25,000,000 est

Note: Owner is reviewing the project scope. Schedules for Working drawings, Sub trade tender and construction are expected Fall/Winter, 2009. Further update Winter, 2009.
Cons has completed elevation and site designs. Website: www.tridel.com/huntington.

Project: concrete foundation, cast-in-place concrete structural frame, structural steel frame, fuel fired heating system, steam/hot water heating system, proposed const of two low-rise condominium bldgs, one with six storeys and one with five storeys. The structures will be joined at grade by amenity space and will have a total of 80 condo units.

Scope: 31,000 m²; 6 storeys; 2 structures; 80 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Wed Jun 21, 2006. Last report Mon Nov 10, 2008.
This report Fri Aug 21, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=1bdf3da099bf85397233b0796edd42cf20d93697&projectid=9046961&region=ontario

Back