Toronto Bloor Street Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Bloor-Yorkville BIA | architectsAlliance

You're Welcome

Indeed thanks Northern Light... the investment they put in the root system below bloor means they better plant trees at the right time as well!

You and 299 are both welcome.

Happy to help.

July 26

Looks like they are getting ready to shift traffic to the north side at Yonge St and start work on the south side.
IMG_july-26-09-0168.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0169.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0170.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0171.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0172.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0173.jpg

Lets see how much the melted snow backs up onto the sidewalk this winter.
IMG_july-26-09-0174.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0175.jpg

IMG_july-26-09-0176.jpg

The granite slabs look especially nice and glossy after a downpour.

Any idea whether the new sidewalks will extend all the way up to the property line of the Crown Life Building (NW corner of Church + Bloor)? The original stone paving hasn't been touched, and it couldn't certainly stand to be replaced (it's badly damaged and filled in with asphalt in several places).

I was wondering that myself, I saw skids of granite stored on the street all the way out to Jarvis in front of the old Confederation Life Building.

I was wondering that myself, I saw skids of granite stored on the street all the way out to Jarvis in front of the old Confederation Life Building.

That the Main staging area for the whole project.

Street Lights

Has anyone else noticed.....

That east of Yonge, where they replaced all the ugly high-mast streetlights; with new high-mast ugly streetlights that look exactly the same....

That they have changed the actual light within the new fixtures to a white-glow light.

I'm not sure if this is metal halide (the usual white light in the acorn fixtures) or something else.

I much prefer a white-ish glow to the orange, demilitarized zone of High Pressure Sodium.

But....these lights seem, I could be wrong, marked dimmer.

I imagine they will look fine once the new up-lighting of the trees is installed (along with the trees).

Too bad about the ugly poles and cobra-heads though.

Wouldn't it make more sense to have this thread in the "Projects & Construction" category? It's not a Toronto issue. It's a construction project. I always forget where to look for it.

Has anyone else noticed.....

That east of Yonge, where they replaced all the ugly high-mast streetlights; with new high-mast ugly streetlights that look exactly the same....

I was optimistic that they'd install something nice to go along with the pavement. I suppose 'nice' has to be done in baby steps.

Southwest corner of Yonge & Bloor looking west. Note the old streetcar tracks in the foreground finally being torn up.

Old streetcar tracks were also removed from the Church & Bloor intersection when they were working over in that area.

Good shot! The stretch between Church and Yonge is looking good, save for the area in front of 1BE :rolleyes:

Wouldn't it make more sense to have this thread in the "Projects & Construction" category? It's not a Toronto issue. It's a construction project. I always forget where to look for it.

Agreed. I think this has been brought up before. There are a few projects in this forum that should be moved to the P&C forum.

*Sigh*

How long until some of those nice pavers are pulled up and replaced by long lines of lumpy asphalt like on so many other sidewalks?

Back