Toronto Bloor Street Revitalization | ?m | ?s | Bloor-Yorkville BIA | architectsAlliance

I could be wrong, but I thought this was s37 $ from various Yorkville developments. I think I read somewhere that Cumberland will be looking at the same makover (and presumably Bellair).

In the long term I think they are thinking of tearing down the building atop the Bay Station entrance off Bay and turn it into a park, which would make it a defacto extension to Yorkville Park. Can't emphasize the potential positive impact of that move enough.

AoD

In the long term I think they are thinking of tearing down the building atop the Bay Station entrance off Bay and turn it into a park, which would make it a defacto extension to Yorkville Park. Can't emphasize the potential positive impact of that move enough.

AoD

Wow I had no idea, but that would be amazing. That would be a massive positive addition to Yorkville.

Finally we start seeing more things like this being done in this city. I hope this is the beginning of a cultural change in the city.

I really like the Unistone paving but I have to wonder how that's going to withstand our winters. Especially when those snow clearing machines scrap by the snow. Won't that damage the tiles?

Looks great. The other cultural evolution that need to take place is for utility companies etc. to respect the work being done here and in other areas where streetscaping initiative are happening.

I really like the Unistone paving but I have to wonder how that's going to withstand our winters. Especially when those snow clearing machines scrap by the snow. Won't that damage the tiles?

Are our winters any harsher than European cities which have this types of paving all over their cities?

DMW's reaction when he finds out the cost and choice of materials:

first_time_gif_reactions_to_seeing_guys_package_19.gif

They have had similar pavers on Yorkville between Yonge and Bay for awhile now. At least one winter (this past one, which was a doozy), if not two. And they seem to have weathered well.

Here's what the piece of Yorkville east of Bay looked like when they we laying the bricks in April and May 2014:

IMG_3492.jpg
P1380768.jpg
P1380769.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3492.jpg
    IMG_3492.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 1,840
  • P1380768.jpg
    P1380768.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 1,835
  • P1380769.jpg
    P1380769.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 1,860
Is there any requirement for paint markings to be removed from surfaces after the work has been completed? IE the orange paint in the road in the first photo.

Back