Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

While I'm not completely sold on the building as a whole yet, I do love its sleek form when viewed while walking north on Church. It pops into view out of nowhere (or perhaps I wasn't being attentive) and looks really sleek. Unfortunately that great east-west silhouette will probably disappear once all the glass and interior walls are installed however. I'll try to get my camera gear up to Riverdale sometime this weekend and snap some shots.

Hi everyone,

I have received recently a letter from a builder stated that there will more delay till november this year ... This means the project is almost 2 years delayed from the original contract?

I am wondering if the builder will compensate us for this delays?

Hi everyone,

I have received recently a letter from a builder stated that there will more delay till november this year ... This means the project is almost 2 years delayed from the original contract?

I am wondering if the builder will compensate us for this delays?

Unlikely, two years isn't all that uncommon, especially for Cresford.

Under new delayed closing provisions instituted by tarion this year (although BSN falls under the old rules) there are many additional perscribed timelines and consumer disclosure provisions as well as provisions for compensation.

Unfortunately you don't qualify under the new regime.

Under new delayed closing provisions instituted by tarion this year (although BSN falls under the old rules) there are many additional perscribed timelines and consumer disclosure provisions as well as provisions for compensation.

Those rules should have been retroactive for any project that did not break ground yet instead of only 'new' projects that began sales after the release of the new provisions.

Thank god for TARION.

Those rules should have been retroactive for any project that did not break ground yet instead of only 'new' projects that began sales after the release of the new provisions.

Well no... projects that haven't broken ground, but have already commenced sales have already enrolled units into the warranty program - the start of that process is the day the first sale is made, 'breaking ground' as you suggested actually has very little, if anything to do with the warranty coverage provided by the builder through tarion and is a rather odd suggestion for the commencement of implementing a new delayed closings and delayed occupancy regime.

Both tarion and the builder have extremely complicated systems in place and having duo systems running in a single building where next door neighbours have vastly different contracts and various dates for a very wide range of either delayed closing, delayed occupancy or warranty coverage issues would be near impossible and unpractical to implement. A builder should not be subject to two sets of rules and regulations governing the closing provisions within a single structure, nor should tarion even have to attempt to run the multiple systems for enrollments in a single structure - figuring out the common elements would be a legal nightmare and not likely possible. It is difficult enough to run two separate systems currently without mixing units within a single condo. You also have to consider that in the scheduling of the entire development process, that tarion is only 1 or hundreds of various elements in a carefully orchestrated operation - you can't change one element of the process without affecting all the other elements.

There was a very very long process to put together the final package of changes made to delayed closings and delayed occupational warranties. The final result has been greatly increased consumer disclosure and protection, but functionally you can't implement changes mid-way through a project when a number of units have already been enrolled under the previous regime at tarion.

The building has topped out but there's not much change from the great photos on the previous page.

From a few days ago.

3331725278_c9ebe744fe_b.jpg

3331722124_4ae80b42eb_b.jpg

Some of the last "twinkling lights" of construction in this recession. ;)

Nice pics :)

Back