Toronto Bloor Street Neighbourhood Condos | ?m | 32s | Cresford | Northgrave

Very much so.

Interesting pic by Jasonzed over at SSC...

mississauga816.jpg

Jan 23 Update

From Church & Charles Streets

Interesting pic by Jasonzed over at SSC...

mississauga816.jpg

Considering the back alley and the parking garage take up so much space on the north side of Charles Street, this is probably the most flattering angle I've seen of this stretch.

Were they trying to match the colour of BSN to the garage?

From the southwest corner, BSN's tower looks integral with the rest of the building, while from every other angle it looks tacked on.

^Definitely have to agree. The tower portion does look like an afterthought from the majority of angles.

I also noticed how much taller the 32nd floor of BSN is versus Casa's 31st floor. I seem to recall that some of BSN's floors have 10 ft ceilings where as Casa has all 9 ft ceilings.

DSCN4259.jpg

DSCN4260.jpg

DSCN4266.jpg

DSCN4269.jpg

DSCN4272.jpg

Last edited:

I assume the floor that is being worked on in the above pic is the final floor. If that's the case, then this building is in fact 33 storeys unless I'm incorrectly counting the floors. (The first floor of the tower portion is the 17th floor).

I've seen this project a few times in person and the cladding (a.k.a precast) isn't as bad as some make it out to be ... although it's a matter of opinion of course.

To me, it fits in well with the area and doesn't come up as a cheap stucco job at the same time. Moreover, the building has a lot of details that set it apart.

Have a look in person! It's better then I expected by a long shot!

is it possible that the floor they are building now is the final mechanical floor?

this is an odd looking building, in its form, height, mix of cladding, and location. i can't see it fitting in with the rest of the neighbourhood, especially considering the high-end nature of the area. to me, it looks more like it would fit in somewhere on the yonge strip in north york. well, we'll have to wait and see. maybe casa will compensate for this building.

Back