Toronto Bisha Hotel and Residences | 146.91m | 44s | Lifetime | Wallman Architects

36d42e1e-1be6-46f5-88c8-406dd69b129b_zpsmsmknxw8.jpg

It seems to me that a big opportunity was missed here to really highlight the heritage portion of the project. Either through authentic continuation of masonry elements...or through some super slick modern curtain-wall which would highlight the existing/restored masonry elements.
Adding 12 linear maroon red mullions is a major let down. Probably just a city requirement for approval...but would expect Lifetime or Wallman to have a little more backbone and fight something so cheesy.

It seems to me that a big opportunity was missed here to really highlight the heritage portion of the project. Either through authentic continuation of masonry elements...or through some super slick modern curtain-wall which would highlight the existing/restored masonry elements.
Adding 12 linear maroon red mullions is a major let down. Probably just a city requirement for approval...but would expect Lifetime or Wallman to have a little more backbone and fight something so cheesy.

They did find a well matched brick to use on the new portions of the podium. I am excitedly waiting for the podium windows and entryway to be complete, I think it is going to look great!

I really wish the thicker fins went all the way up and that the elevator shaft (assuming that's what it is) was red brick. It has a good street presence though. So that's something.

That's one of the fire stairs - the elevators are in the middle of the building floor plate

Gawd, I can't wait until this thing is finished. I'm sick of the years of hoarding and mud on Peter Street. That lane closure has been specially offensive after the house was moved back and they no longer needed to block the street, but did anyway.

Back